2017 Game of the Year Nomination (tabletop)

Started by bayonetbrant, January 17, 2017, 09:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Opening the running thread for this year's nominations
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Wing Leader: Supremacy 1943-1945
- best game
- best production value

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

airboy

Pulp Cthulhu - supplement.  Or is this RPG?

mirth

I don't know if there is a separate category for RPGs. Should be though.

bayonetbrant

any new suggestions for this year yet?

nothing new y'all saw at Origins that should be nominated?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Bison

mirth

Bison

mirth

Bison

Mine too....someday it'll arrive unannounced on our doorsteps. 

mirth

Bison

878 - Vikings Invasion of England  - another excellent title from Academy Games.  I will admit that I am not a fan of the miniatures and am seriously considering replacing them with cubes like 1775 and other games in this lineup.

Unconditional Surrender - Reprint category.  Not sure why no mounted board but I hope to drop the $ to buy the upgrade kit.

Holland 44 looks great but have not gotten past reading the rulebook.