GrogHeads Reviews Zones of Control: Perspectives on Wargaming

Started by bayonetbrant, May 15, 2016, 04:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ComradeP

Thanks for the review Brant, it's very good to see that Grogheads still keeps a close eye on the theoretical background of wargames.

Not having experienced the first decades of the board wargaming era due to my age, I'm always interested in the "why" behind PC wargaming rulesets that were to greater or lesser degrees copied from boardgames or from the experience the designers had with them.

I should be able to get a hardcover copy from Amazon UK when it releases later this week.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

BanzaiCat

Finally ordered this myself; looking forward to reading it.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers