Deity Empires - DLC announced!

Started by CJReich46, July 22, 2020, 05:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

Saw on 4x reddit and on steam. Deity Empires is planning a DLC, plus the designer is looking at a spin-off.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/889080/discussions/0/2787116918298167658/

Discuss. What would you like to see?

I was thinking more Deities, races and a Diplomacy mechanism, maybe planar travel?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

FarAway Sooner

I'm excited to hear that!  It's a great, great game.

I'd rather see things that add a little more flavor to it.  More spells, and more customization of the schools of magic.  Most play very similarly, with only minor modifications, and you usually end up casting the same two or three spells over and over and over.  I'd like to see a Nature Magic focus mean that I play differently than Holy Magic, but right now, there's very little difference. 

I could make the same complaint about the races.  Each have slightly different generic tweaks to abilities (e.g., Dwarves might get an extra HP, while Elves get a +5% Evasion bonus), and each gets slightly different generic tweaks to resources for cities (e.g., Dwarves get a food bonus on Hills & Mountains, while Elves get a food bonus on Forests).  The tweaks make for different tactical puzzles, but the factions all end up playing very similarly.

I'd also like to see more flavor in the Monster lairs.  They are all good tactical combat puzzles, and the combat is interesting, but every encounter still feels generic to me.  Monster types seem to get randomly spawned on each level of a dungeon. 

I'd rather have lair types.  Town Ruins should be more likely to hold Bandits or Wild Animals, and offer up Resources for loot.  Evil Temples should hold undead and infernal creatures, and maybe offer up more artifacts.  Wizard Towers should have more Spell Casters and summoned creatures, but offer up more Mana Crystals and perhaps Research bonuses.  This is part of the formula that made Master of Magic so appealing.

It is probably my favorite game of the last few years, and I'm happy to throw more money at the Devs.  This is great news.

CJReich46

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 25, 2020, 10:26:18 AM
I'm excited to hear that!  It's a great, great game.

I'd rather see things that add a little more flavor to it.  More spells, and more customization of the schools of magic.  Most play very similarly, with only minor modifications, and you usually end up casting the same two or three spells over and over and over.  I'd like to see a Nature Magic focus mean that I play differently than Holy Magic, but right now, there's very little difference. 

I could make the same complaint about the races.  Each have slightly different generic tweaks to abilities (e.g., Dwarves might get an extra HP, while Elves get a +5% Evasion bonus), and each gets slightly different generic tweaks to resources for cities (e.g., Dwarves get a food bonus on Hills & Mountains, while Elves get a food bonus on Forests).  The tweaks make for different tactical puzzles, but the factions all end up playing very similarly.

I'd also like to see more flavor in the Monster lairs.  They are all good tactical combat puzzles, and the combat is interesting, but every encounter still feels generic to me.  Monster types seem to get randomly spawned on each level of a dungeon. 

I'd rather have lair types.  Town Ruins should be more likely to hold Bandits or Wild Animals, and offer up Resources for loot.  Evil Temples should hold undead and infernal creatures, and maybe offer up more artifacts.  Wizard Towers should have more Spell Casters and summoned creatures, but offer up more Mana Crystals and perhaps Research bonuses.  This is part of the formula that made Master of Magic so appealing.

It is probably my favorite game of the last few years, and I'm happy to throw more money at the Devs.  This is great news.

I like your suggestions by the way.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose