What potential upcoming games are your must haves

Started by Con, March 10, 2019, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: ArizonaTank on March 11, 2019, 08:13:58 AM
General Staff

http://general-staff.com/

The game is by Ezra Sidran, who goes way back into PC wargaming history. He was the guy behind UMS (Universal Military Simulator) in 1988 and UMS II, back in 1991.

+1 on General Staff

jomni

Quote from: Rayfer on March 11, 2019, 04:24:05 PM
General Staff

The game is by Ezra Sidran, who goes way back into PC wargaming history. He was the guy behind UMS (Universal Military Simulator) in 1988 and UMS II, back in 1991.

+1 on General Staff

Thanks for letting us know about this. When is it due? Late for a year already?

Ian C

General Staff

I had the pleasure of corresponding with Ezra a few years back about AI in games. He very kindly sent me a copy of UMS II. I got that for the Amiga back in the 90's and the game copy I bought had no editor on the disk!

planetbrain

Military Operations (not the benchmark) is another that I'll certainly get.
Mostly harmless

CJReich46

Quote from: airboy on March 11, 2019, 02:12:59 PM
None.  I'm trying to play my huge backlog of games I know are excellent based on reviews and observations here and elsewhere.

I'm kind of in that boat myself, and buying Diablo over last week did not help that backlog.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

jomni

Quote from: CJReich46 on March 11, 2019, 09:36:59 PM
Quote from: airboy on March 11, 2019, 02:12:59 PM
None.  I'm trying to play my huge backlog of games I know are excellent based on reviews and observations here and elsewhere.

I'm kind of in that boat myself, and buying Diablo over last week did not help that backlog.

Backlogged games are meant to be forgotten.

Gusington

^That is the saddest post I've read here today.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Ian C on March 11, 2019, 05:30:27 PM
General Staff

I had the pleasure of corresponding with Ezra a few years back about AI in games. He very kindly sent me a copy of UMS II. I got that for the Amiga back in the 90's and the game copy I bought had no editor on the disk!

I have a similar story...back before email was common, he answered one of my questions on UMS with a typed snail mail note. I remember thinking he was a great guy as well...at least from a customer service perspective.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

FlickJax

UMS was great I used to spend hours making my own fantasy units from all the books I read;

Anguille

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Anguille on March 12, 2019, 09:25:26 AM
Knights of Honor 2  :bd:

NO WAY!!!!  Really?  OK, that's going on my must-have list!!!

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on March 12, 2019, 12:51:04 PM
Is that actually slated for this year?
They are being very secretive about it. I hope it will come out this year.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I am simply assuming it's still in development, but Mount and Blade 2 is a definite day 1 buy for me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs