Stormpowered Jutland

Started by Snapper, June 12, 2019, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

OK Just got home.
The trick is to run the STORMPOWERED client as administrator in windows 10
I open the taskbar and search for storm powered. When it appears I right click on it and run as administrator.
Then I go to my games and right click on jutland and press launch game as normal
I did confirm the client did list me as online.

If I do not run the stormpowered client as admin when I try to launch Jutland it just sits their trying to launch.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Redwolf

Can somebody summarize how this project drifted from Norm Koger to Jim Rose?

I was so excited when I learned that Norm Koger was making a new game. Waiting for the game I bought the book he based "Distant Guns" on (The Tide at Sunrise). Later hesitated to buy when the DRM discussions came up.  Then suddenly it was all Jim Rose and a strong "don't buy software from madmen".

How did that jerk come in?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Snapper, my experience with Distant Guns is the same as yours.  I went through all the hoops, tried all the tricks and couldn't get it to run.

This is the demo I'm referring to.  I wasn't foolish enough to buy the game.  Which is really too bad because I'm one of those guys that would have paid full price and bought the whole package, even now, if I could've gotten it to work.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Wburn

I just wanted to let you ll know that I tried starting DG 1.5 and it worked. The game did an update and started so for those folks that tried to get it work, now is the time to try again.

smithcorp

I can get Stormpowered to start, but when I try to go online, i enter my username and password and it just stays offline. Stumped.

em2nought

Maybe with a lot of luck this and Distant Guns will end up on GOG someday,  I kind of doubt it though.  >:(
Stolen elections have consequences.

Snapper

Yep I can't log on with my serial and password either. I did get a reply back from technical support eventually but all that said was try booting the client with admin rights - that hasn't worked although I was able to download the install files.

smithcorp

Strangely, late last night after my post, I got a password reset and was able to log in (stormpowered showing 'online') and could select Jutland and Distant Guns for download. However, when I checked this morning they were still showing 0%. Part of me wants to say 'stuff it this was always going to happen' but another part of me remembers how much fun the game was to me and I'd like to have it back on my PC (lost it when I put in new drives and it didn't clone over).

Wburn

Sorry to hear that all that posted are having problems downloading it. I wonder if it's a windows 10 issue? On my laptop it is a win 10 machine so only other thing I can come up with is launch Stormpowered as admin.
I would think it would prompt you to log in, if not in the toolbar there is a log in on the pull down menu.  Hope that helps.

smithcorp