Main Menu

Armored Brigade

Started by BradS62, October 11, 2017, 03:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Try the iso map, button on the mini map window. It's my one  big nitpick about the game, reading terrain at with a glance. I use the iso map with the los tool to figure it out . The los tool is really helpful to find dead ground
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Huw the Poo

Actually the shading does change with contour but it's extremely subtle and even harder to see than the contour lines.  Considering how important LOS is in this game it's a real oversight.

The HGT button beneath the minimap makes things easier, at the expense of all other readability!  I find myself switching it on and off frequently.

-budd-

Rekim

:bd:

two thumbs for the counter mod

Rayfer

Quote from: -budd- on November 16, 2019, 06:02:54 PM
A board game counter mod.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4716054

Silhouette mod

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4703093

The board game counter mod looks great but it only shows it in close up views, which I don't often use playing the game.  What does it look like when you pan out?   The silhouette mod is the one I'm looking to try out for now.

Rekim

From the discussion on Matrix it sounds like the counter mod only affects the zoomed in view.

I installed it to take a peek. It appears to break something for me as I am unable to select a scenario or generate a battle once the mod is enabled.

-budd-

If you want the counters to show zoomed out change the sprite scale, i play on medium sprite scale. Scenarios generate for me just fine with the counter mod, did you change the settings at the main menu and pick the counter mod database? if you did maybe its setup wrong, other than that no idea. There are instructions in the post on how to use them to play the stock scenarios, it involves copy the scenarios and changing something in the files on each scenario, i didn't bother with that.

The silhouette mod works at default sprite scale.

JudgeDredd

I just bought this game - 44% off (thanks Matrix). A wee gem I think. I've enjoyed messing with it very much so far.
Alba gu' brath

-budd-

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2019, 01:51:32 PM
I just bought this game - 44% off (thanks Matrix). A wee gem I think. I've enjoyed messing with it very much so far.

Agree

Get the Chechnya mod and scenarios here:   https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4659800

Extra map to battle on here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4568404

Rekim

Thanks for the feedback Budd. I figured out my problem. I overlooked the last step of the installation notes:

"If you want to use the game scenarios with this mod, duplicate the scenarios in the "\data\scenario" folder of the game and replace "value=default" with "value=counters" from the "databaseID" in the scenario.xml files of each of the copied scenario folders."

all working fine now.

Destraex

Quote from: -budd- on November 17, 2019, 11:59:04 AM
If you want the counters to show zoomed out change the sprite scale, i play on medium sprite scale. Scenarios generate for me just fine with the counter mod, did you change the settings at the main menu and pick the counter mod database? if you did maybe its setup wrong, other than that no idea. There are instructions in the post on how to use them to play the stock scenarios, it involves copy the scenarios and changing something in the files on each scenario, i didn't bother with that.

The silhouette mod works at default sprite scale.

Those first couple of pics look amazing. How do I get this without hhanging any of the counters. I like nato counters. Looking foward to trying this.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

DoctorQuest

The word for today is "trafficability".

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Destraex

Please enough with the baby words. Learnings, trafficability etc ;)
The verbalisation of the english language makes us all sound like we did not get past infants school.
I was listening to Dan Carlins hard core history recently and was liyerally listening to him make up his own verbs whenever he forgot his correct terminology. Not a huge problem, love the show, although it is very exagerrated, but I don't understand why the need exists. I guess it is an extension of peoples love of acronyms.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Destraex on November 21, 2019, 12:04:04 AM
Please enough with the baby words. Learnings, trafficability etc ;)
The verbalisation of the english language makes us all sound like we did not get past infants school.
I was listening to Dan Carlins hard core history recently and was liyerally listening to him make up his own verbs whenever he forgot his correct terminology. Not a huge problem, love the show, although it is very exagerrated, but I don't understand why the need exists. I guess it is an extension of peoples love of acronyms.
Done it myself before - but you can't have a go at people about making up words and make your own up in the very post in which you chastise  :DD
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

I was not trying to have a go. I just wish modern people would stop sounding like bronx gang members and think its great.
Which word which I was not using as an example did I make up?

Even though I am not a boomer, I guess peoples response to my rant might be "ok boomer". :p