Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

Oh, I failed to spot the Phalanxes. When I was on the Independence (CV62) in the late 80's, at the time undergoing a massive 4 year overhaul at Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, it was neat to watch the big phalanx whip around to track passenger airliners approaching the airport. They were turned on but not armed. Imagine the tragedy that would have occurred if they'd shredded a 747 loaded with passengers.  :o
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

mirth

USS Bunker Hill (CG 52) pulls away after taking on fuel in heavy seas.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

I was on her for fleet week a few years back.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Atilla60

Havhingsten (Sea Stallion ) on a test run in 2007.

Come on guys, it's a ship. Right?
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Staggerwing

Yes it is!

It needs a striped sail and rows of shields for proper presentation though.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

and we need to tie Gus to the front.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Atilla60

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 30, 2014, 06:36:13 PM
and we need to tie Gus to the front.
LOL!
You mean kinda, sorta like this?
(from 00.30 onwards)

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

GDS_Starfury

that was the exact scene in my mind!

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

mirth

Odd-looking ducks ain't they?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

I think theyre pretty cool.

GDS_Starfury

more Iranian carrier shots

mirth

QuoteUSS De Haven (DD-727) buries her fo'c's'le during unrep off the Korean coast. Operation Chromite, September 15, 1950.

Windigo

it really is sad seeing that

like that picture of that african rebel armed with an AK.... wearing a flourescent orange life jacket as body armour
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.