Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

^A ghili suit for tanks!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

BanzaiCat

That looks like an Aquaman tank.

bayonetbrant

As a guy who cruised around central CA for 7 months with a bunch of carpet glued to his tank, I'll say this - those kinds of coverings help disrupt a radar signature, but they don't do fuck-all for disguising you in a thermal sight.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Im pretty sure the new ones do.

Capn Darwin

All of those coverings are used to disrupt and degrade IR signature. Some better than others. Depending on materials that last cover could degrade radar too. Cool tech.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

bayonetbrant

The carpet helped with some things.  The jet engine in the hull tended to not hide from thermals very well
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

If that's a Leo2 in the pic then IIRC it runs on diesel.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

An M1 can run on diesel, but it's still a jet engine

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 12, 2015, 06:29:13 PM
If that's a Leo2 in the pic then IIRC it runs on diesel.

leo2a6 with the super long cannon.

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 12, 2015, 07:03:11 PM
An M1 can run on diesel, but it's still a jet engine

Sorry, I should have included that the Leo has a conventional (and presumably cooler-running) reciprocating cyl engine, not a turbine.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

GDS_Starfury

Staggerwing

Here's a great image showing the various Merkava Marks' turret design:

jomni

Last one looks like ARMA3 Slammer.