Rand Corporation Game: Hedgemony

Started by Tripoli, June 14, 2020, 12:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

I saw this blurb on the Rand Corporation Blog https://www.rand.org/blog/rand-review/2020/05/the-serious-side-of-gaming-qa-with-yuna-wong.html
Apparently, they have a commercial boardgame coming out that based on some of the work they did for US Govt for the National Defense Strategy.  Not a lot of details about the game, but it may be worth keeping an eye on

You also have a board game named Hedgemony coming out soon.

A good game really surfaces questions about what just happened and leads you to insights that you hadn't thought of.

It's a version of the game that we developed for the Pentagon that supported the 2018 National Defense Strategy. We thought a commercial, boxed version could help inform people who are trying to think strategically—graduate students, War College staff and students, people in the services. You play the Department of Defense and you make different choices about posture and modernization, force structure. Other players can be China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Crossroads

That's interesting, thanks! This caught my attention at the time, hopefully something similar as what they did there?

Nope,"Hegemony" plays at global scope, it seems. Dang, back to Next War: Poland for Baltic action it is.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY