Revell Starship Enterprise (original series)

Started by JudgeDredd, April 08, 2018, 05:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 09, 2018, 07:53:56 PM
There are some really hardcore modelers that have taken the Revell Kit and with a careful and long process of putty application, had great results. 
Yeah - I've seen someone fill the lines and re-scribe. That's not the kind of dedication I have. I enjoy building and painting - not re-designing.
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

discussing if the nuts and bolt on a Flying Fortress are in a kit correct is something, but fictive blueprints of a fictive spaceship
Really ???

IIRC the original studio model is on display, so people build a downsized best replica of that studio model

here is the link to judge if a vanilla kit (or a user improved finished model) is close to the studio model   

https://airandspace.si.edu/research/projects/star-trek-starship-enterprise

JudgeDredd

^Thanks for that Mike.

Who knew it was that size!!?  :wow:
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

I thought we were discussing building a best downsized version of the studio model Mike.  :nerd:

Thanks for the link.  The August article there was the one I was referring to.  There was another article by one of the attendees about the paint job and application but I can't look for it now.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: MikeGER on April 10, 2018, 12:56:43 AM
discussing if the nuts and bolt on a Flying Fortress are in a kit correct is something, but fictive blueprints of a fictive spaceship
Really ???

sir, you need to calm down.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.