Gusington Continues to Enjoy FoG: Empires!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 17, 2019, 07:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Could someone PLEASE say something bad about this game so I can sleep at night without the urge to splurge? PLEASE.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Great article.  I've had a similar experience as Gus has had.  I like the game but am not overly fawning at it. 

Yes I ended up buying the game even after I returned it.  I don't regret the purchase and the game is great and all but it won't hold my attention for long.  That's just me though.  Still the good thing about having this game in my library is I can come back to it later and play again due to it's high replayability factor. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 17, 2019, 10:33:12 PM
Could someone PLEASE say something bad about this game so I can sleep at night without the urge to splurge? PLEASE.
1) It sucks up too much of my free time.... :)
2) I'm not getting enough sleep because I'm playing it too late at night
3) My sides hurt from laughing at some of the post my fellow MP gamers are writing about the game
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

al_infierno

Quote from: Tripoli on July 22, 2019, 03:51:48 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 17, 2019, 10:33:12 PM
1) It sucks up too much of my free time.... :)
2) I'm not getting enough sleep because I'm playing it too late at night
3) My sides hurt from laughing at some of the post my fellow MP gamers are writing about the game

4) You can instead spend $40 on your food, hobby, or drug of choice  :coolsmiley:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

This is NOT what I was wanting. But, probably as close as I'm gonna get so....
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

You been eating too much Drugged Puddin. Better lay off for a while else you'll end up in one of those Bactrian Drug Rehab places.  :hide:

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd