Happy Thanksgiving

Started by JudgeDredd, November 28, 2019, 01:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I hope everyone across the pond has a superb day. Drink lots, eat lots and have a great day with family and friends.
Alba gu' brath

Martok

Thanks, JD!  And to you as well -- no reason you can't still celebrate, even when you're over in the UK.  :)  Happy Thanksgiving, all! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Happy Thanksgiving to my Grog family!  Hope your day is filled with family, friends, and food.  Throw some football in there and you have the makings of a great holiday!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tripoli

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  Here's what I'm grateful for (not necessarily in order):
1) My Health.  Yes, even pregnant women pushing baby strollers uphill can pass me when I'm jogging, but I'm still able to jog  :)
2) My Family.  Mom is doing well at 82.  My wife is sufficiently deluded that she still loves me.   :idiot2:
3) God still has my back, despite my manifest failures  :notworthy:
4) My Carthagians are still kicking in my FoG:E MP game, despite being in the midst of a civil war, and ongoing hostilities with a variety of lesser powers.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Dammit Carl!

Hope a good day is had by one and all.  [group hug]

steve58

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Happy Thanksgiving to Grogs everywhere and may all turkeys turn-out done just right.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was "game day."  We fried a dozen Turkeys and five of us played poker for around six hours.  My buddy Garry is the best outdoor cook I've ever seen.

Staggerwing

Happy Thanksgiving all!

MD, don't forget to click on the WPLR livestream link at noon!

https://www.wplr.com (link at top of the page)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Someone say hugs?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to all!

:hug:

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

JasonPratt

Pulling overtime duty today (and tomorrow morning), for which I won't get paid extra -- but I'm still thankful for my job! And for my family, and health (such as it is ;) . But it could be a lot, lot worse!)

Purely by coincidence, I got to Churchill's account of the Plymouth colony's founding, back on Wednesday, in my read through his History of the English Speaking Peoples. Always worth remembering that the Plymouth colony was supposed to go to Virginia! -- so when they fetched up in Massachusetts territory instead, their charter was instantly invalidated.  >:D But they persevered, although they didn't prosper, and the stock company behind them was the first (if I recall correctly) which moved itself from England to the colony, thus severing itself from direct English oversight. ...annnnd then the owners sold out and went home because things were so obviously sucky at Plymouth!  :hide:

But in doing so, Plymouth despite all its problems became the first independent colony of the New World. Which is why we remember it today (or yesterday rather), rather than some other colonies, as the main symbol for what later became Thanksgiving Day.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!