Main Menu

Tanks!

Started by solops, January 03, 2020, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Christmas present from my wife: Got to drive a Sherman tank today for about a mile. Shot the 76mm cannon (just missed the target car) and fired the 50 cal MG. WHEEEEE!!!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Staggerwing

Sounds like great big fun!

Was it at this place?
https://www.drivetanks.com

'The Chieftain' and Ian from 'Forgotten Weapons' went there a few months ago:
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

How are your ears?
Firing a Ma Deuce without ear protectors can be deafening
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

solops

Yes, was at drivetanks.com. Great place. Had protectors :-)   Climbed all over Leopard A4, Sdkfz 251(?) Halftrack, T-34/85 and several other tanks/armored vehicles. My son shot a flamethrower. The place is only about 20 miles from my cabin.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Staggerwing

Very envious.

The only tank museum near me closed a few years back due to lack of revenue and donated its exhibited specimens to museums in other states.  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Lowenstaat

I saw the thread title under recent posts and thought someone was revealing news about a remake of Wargame Construction Set II: TANKS! Then I read your post and realized it was an IRL/General Discussion thread. Still, it sounds like you had a "blast!" What a great gift!
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

solops

Loved Tanks!
Will try to post some tank pics.