Combat Mission: Black Sea and Battle Pack 1 Released at Matrix and Steam

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 21, 2021, 10:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Matrix has released the Matrix and Steam version of Black Sea today....if you are previous Battlefront version owner, it's free.....

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4945469

MOS:96B2P

Jarhead0331

I've had some technical issues running it on steam during the pre-release beta period.

I'll try again, but some of the larger scenarios were getting bogged down.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 21, 2021, 12:06:43 PM
I've had some technical issues running it on steam during the pre-release beta period.

I'll try again, but some of the larger scenarios were getting bogged down.

Luckily my brain and skill level can't handle playing the large ones, I try to stick with tiny and small:)

ArizonaTank

This is good news, and I am very happy to see it.

I pretty much stayed away from CMx2 after some nasty issues I had with CMFI copy protection and updates (I was the horror story poster child).

I am assuming Steam makes Battlefront's previous copy protection scheme go away.

So I will be happy to open up my wallet again.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

demjansk1942

I have the game on my hard drive right now.  I can get this game registered through Matrix and Steam even though I bought it last year from Battlefront?  Thanks and if any threads on how to do it greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: demjansk1942 on January 22, 2021, 07:48:45 AM
I have the game on my hard drive right now.  I can get this game registered through Matrix and Steam even though I bought it last year from Battlefront?  Thanks and if any threads on how to do it greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

If you go to the link in my first post, there is a link there that takes you to redeeming your Battlefront keys for free.

Old TImer

Having a problem getting a Steam key.  Bought it through Battlefront but it's not showing up on My Page in Slitherine.
Submitted a help ticket......please stand by......

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: gregb41352 on January 22, 2021, 09:20:25 PM
Having a problem getting a Steam key.  Bought it through Battlefront but it's not showing up on My Page in Slitherine.

It won't just show up, need to follow the link where you need to register it and then will show on my page.

al_infierno

Quote from: gregb41352 on January 22, 2021, 09:20:25 PM

Did you copy your Battlefront provided key into the form here?

https://www.slitherine.com/member/registerserial
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Old TImer

"Having a problem getting a Steam key.  Bought it through Battlefront but it's not showing up on My Page in Slitherine.
Submitted a help ticket......please stand by......"

Thanks for the advice here.  I'll say that Battlefront got me sorted too.  And quickly.  Very impressed.

smithcorp

Destraex

Still have not done any of the ones I own yet. Hopefully soon.  :peace:
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MOS:96B2P

A hypothetical scenario (at the time of creation) from Combat Mission Black Sea had a real world ambush caught on drone video.   

From the post: An infantry ambush on tanks in this exact(!) place was foreseen by a game developer at battlefront 8 years ago and put into a scenario.

LINK:

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/140931-how-hot-is-ukraine-gonna-get/?do=findComment&comment=1910859

The scenario map.  The first scenario of the CMBS Shield of Kiev campaign.

And some related mods & screenshots

Skoop

Been playing a ton of black sea since the Ukraine war, thanks for posting the scenario, I'll check it out.