WH40K Gladius: Relics of War out soon

Started by Boggit, June 30, 2018, 03:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

JH, I think you're talking about intra-faction politics, more than diplomacy per se.  A few games take a swipe at that (e.g., Stellaris), but most games eschew that sort of complexity for the monolithic "faction" first established in the original Civilization more than a quarter-century ago.

It is interesting how little innovation there truly has been in the 4x space.  Diplomacy is an even more pointed example than research, I think.

SirAndrewD

For once I'm staying out of this one. 

The Emperor protects.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: SirAndrewD on February 01, 2019, 02:19:07 AM

The Emperor protects.

Discretion?  On this board?

Surely you're not serious?   ;D

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 01, 2019, 10:55:09 AM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on February 01, 2019, 02:19:07 AM

The Emperor protects.

Discretion?  On this board?

Surely you're not serious?   ;D

He is...and don't call him Shirley.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FarAway Sooner

JarHead, I'm so glad somebody caught that reference and was able to channel some Lloyd Bridges back my way quickly! 

It would've been real awkward if people thought I was actually chastising him...

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit amphetamines.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I should have never stopped sniffing that glue.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

only hours left till the Chaos Space Marines  DLC release :D

i am not sooo into Chaos, but i like to have a new faction in the mix to fight against 

http://www.slitherine.com/news/2891/Warhammer.40,000.Gladius.-.A.look.at.the.new.Chaos.Space.Marines.units

cant wait to send Space Marines or Guardsmen against them

mbar

The Chaos DLC was going to be a day one purchase for me. However I am still having that Vuikan crash error after about 10-15 minutes. Until that is resolved I will be using legacy builds of the game which won't be able to use the new DLC.

Jarhead0331

I keep trying to get into this game every time there is a new DLC released, but something holds me back? I can't figure out if its the UI, the disappointment of not being able to colonize and fight on different worlds, or a combination of both.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mbar

I'm pretty happy with it as a Warhammer 40,000 game with random maps and several factions to play as and against. A step up from Armageddon.

Jarhead0331

I also wish the Space Marines weren't so generic. Add some flavor. Let the player pick from different chapters, each of which have different perks and rules. Is this there, and I am just missing it?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mbar

I am not terribly knowledgeable of the lore but as far as I can tell the Space Marines in Gladius are generic.

mbar

Quote from: mbar on July 18, 2019, 07:50:20 AM
The Chaos DLC was going to be a day one purchase for me. However I am still having that Vuikan crash error after about 10-15 minutes. Until that is resolved I will be using legacy builds of the game which won't be able to use the new DLC.

The Gladius devs have extended OpenGL support until they can squash the Vulkan crash bug. Chaos Marines it is then!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489630/discussions/0/1642043096905230144/