gona sneak this one in and risk it, wargaming on your PC

Started by gameleaper, April 29, 2017, 12:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

All you need is a way to measure distance by clicking on two points!  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on May 02, 2017, 10:22:15 AM

you can add ruler as chits, have a look at pic

bbmike

True, but I've discovered it gets a little difficult when your units are a couple of screens away.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

I think you just make a big long ruler and then rotate it to the angle you want , the move it, and rightclick to move map while your holding it, did you know you can ZOOM in and out, also, switch on centre dots, so you can see where to select the ruler from

bbmike

Not a bad idea. You could create several measuring rulers for different levels of zoom. You would have to be careful to keep everything to scale but it should work.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on May 02, 2017, 10:44:07 AM
Not a bad idea. You could create several measuring rulers for different levels of zoom. You would have to be careful to keep everything to scale but it should work.

the rulers zoom with the board, just make one big long ruler :)

gameleaper

I just stretched the ruler image for a quick example, but the app did not scale it I did it in a paint program, then I added it as a chit, I zoomed out

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on May 02, 2017, 10:22:15 AM

Ok bb, I added a measure as you suggested, and set a scale of 20pixels per CM, I made the rulers to scale, and added a metre ruler too. but your still free to use a different scale, zooming auto scales up and down too. I put you in the credits too :) it was a really good suggestion bb, you have a good knowledge of game mechanics