Free --> Subnautica (Epic Games Account required (free to join)

Started by steve58, December 15, 2018, 12:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Epic Games.com has Subnautica (PC Digital Download) for Free for registered Epic Games Accounts (free to join).  Don't believe is a Steam code, but...free  <:-)

The game will be available for free from December 14th - December 27th.

Upcoming Free Game 12/28/18 - 1/10/2019:
Super Meat Boy
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Destraex

Wow. Always wanted to try this game.
Hey just checked it out. EPIC is the new competitor to steam. So new client.
They are giving away 26 or so games of a qty of 1 every two weeks.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3328861/gaming/free-copies-of-subnautica-epic-games-store-kickstarts-your-library-with-a-winner.html
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Yes, Epic is trying to up their game by giving developers a larger cut of the profits than Steam so will be interesting to see where this ends up.

Although I love competition that drives innovation and lower prices, I really like having limited amount of game clients for my games.  Already have Steam, Origin, Battle.Net, UBISoft, and a handful of individual games that has their own...now this will be another.  Maybe not a big deal and a good thing in the end....we'll see.

Destraex

My Son's friends call Fortnite "cancer" and refuse to get this client. But another friend pointed out that they are too young to know the original Unreal games by the same company.

Huw the Poo

I was reading on Reddit yesterday that apparently the client signs you up to mailing lists by default because the window doesn't show enough text to reveal the opt-out box.  This is probably a violation of GDPR.

Destraex

Non surprise there. I had one of my friends last night calling me a traitor as he thinks that by me joining epic games that steam may die losing him his library of games.

Ian C

Glad I saw this. It has to be one of the best games I've played so far.