We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_

Started by JasonPratt, May 10, 2018, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

"Wow, what's happening? What was that?!" "Oh, when all the people who pioneered cinema roll over in their graves at the same time, it can cause little earthquakes."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

"He's a bad guy because he wants to include product placements?" "Pretty evil, right?" "You do realize we're going to be including lots of product placements in this movie, right?" "Yeah, but it's okay when we do it." "Okay, then!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

"Wow, what kind of awful things happened to you while you were a kid?" "You couldn't possibly imagine!"

JasonPratt

"Last week I heard my niece cough, so I went outside and stole a car!" "Not your fault." "I know, that's what I explained to the screaming people inside the car!"

JasonPratt

"Well, here's the thing about learning... ..... ....it's for nerds, and I hate doing it."

JasonPratt

...wait, Logan was nominated for best adapted screenplay?

What the hell for? -- it wasn't adapting anything. It sort of waved at the "Old Man Logan" storyline off in the distance, but it sure didn't adapt it. ???

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 18, 2018, 07:26:22 AM
...wait, Logan was nominated for best adapted screenplay?

What the hell for? -- it wasn't adapting anything. It sort of waved at the "Old Man Logan" storyline off in the distance, but it sure didn't adapt it. ???

I think it's because the movie is based on a settings and characters from Comic books, and not something written completely for the sake of the movie.

JasonPratt

That.... kind of makes sense. So Jaws 3 could have been nominated for best adapted screenplay but not for best original.

... ......wait, let me think of a good movie. So, Rise of the Planet of the Apes could have been nominated for best adapted screenplay but not for best original.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 18, 2018, 07:41:54 AM
That.... kind of makes sense. So Jaws 3 could have been nominated for best adapted screenplay but not for best original.

... ......wait, let me think of a good movie. So, Rise of the Planet of the Apes could have been nominated for best adapted screenplay but not for best original.

Yep, that's how it works. 

Original screenplay is for something totally created by the writer of said screenplay, based on no prior work.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

"Feels like you should have stuff make sense" "Feels like YOU should have stuff make sense" "That doesn't make any sense" "Exactly"

JasonPratt