Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Sir Slash

He died so young. I felt like I'd known him all day.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on February 21, 2020, 03:03:51 PM
Combat Mission Red Thunder.  Leading from the front.

Damn, that is a seriously epic screenshot!  Reminds me of the famous photo titled "ComBat" of a soviet political officer moments before death.  You should post this on the Battlefront forum, if you haven't already -- I'm sure they'd appreciate such an awesome snapshot O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 21, 2020, 11:07:02 AM
You are right Rayfer. The North's Economic, Manpower, and Military strength will only grow as the war goes on. I know because I played the campaign as the North before. What they need is better leadership- Grant, Sherman, and Thomas are in the game but not in command yet still being very junior in ranking, and they need more experienced troops. That is coming fast as in 1862 Mc Clellan takes command and he's a, 'Training Officer' who upgrades troops under his command in experience every turn.

By 1863 the South will already be losing ground to the North in every category and by '64 it'll be too much to overcome. That's why the coming spring will be the best time, and maybe last time, for the South to go on offense.

This is really interesting.

Is it a viable strategy for the North to just hold the line at Washington and use the Navy to take ports and Riverine forces to take the Mississippi earlier than they did?  Geography sucks for a Northern advance through Virginia.  Essentially - would an Anaconda strategy with holding the line in Virginia end the war faster for the North?

Sir Slash

Great question AB. That strategy would work certainly but probably not more quickly. Washington and Richmond are worth 50 Vic. Points each, way more than any other cities on either side. So if one side loses their Capital, the loss of Victory Points and National Morale usually results in an automatic win. This is very hard to do, both cities are well fortified and have large native garrisons to defend them. The AI understands this very well in this game and responds accordingly.

But capturing other Objective Cities earns Victory Points and other Strategic Cities drops enemy National Morale, just not as much. Winning battles does the same, especially large battles. So you can whittle down your opponent's morale, strength-- every city or town produces supply, ammo, or War Supply, and earns Victory Points too. Eventually enough for the win.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MOS:96B2P

Combat Mission Red Thunder.  Flamethrower track.

Sir Slash

-budd-

Finished Doom 2016, a few shots along the way.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Martok

Damn, that looks...intense. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Rayfer

Quote from: Martok on March 23, 2020, 01:00:54 AM

+1  Yikes...makes me glad I suck at FPS games and don't play them.

Jarhead0331

The last Doom just bored the hell out of me. I could not get into it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Martok

Quote from: Rayfer on March 23, 2020, 07:01:06 AM
Quote from: Martok on March 23, 2020, 01:00:54 AM

+1  Yikes...makes me glad I suck at FPS games and don't play them.
Makes me glad I suck at FPS games, *and* that they give me motion sickness.  :P 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

-budd-

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2020, 08:06:51 AM
The last Doom just bored the hell out of me. I could not get into it.

Took me a bit to warm up to it,by the end I was into it, probably the more fleshed out arsenal. Thought the environments were well done and enjoyed the vertical fighting. I was feeling pretty bad ass during the last half, of course the reflexes aren't what they used to be and I have no shame that I lowered the difficulty in a few spots, just not into playing a section over, over, and over again. There was one particular , what I call a mother Fu** ker moments. I had just had a big boss fight with a cyber demon in a smallish area. I finally kill him, maybe 8 tries. My health is low, ammo short,  basking in the glow of my victory while watching the cut scene...........then they had to go and resurrect the asshole........"motherfu**er"
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

airboy

Quote from: Martok on March 23, 2020, 08:10:53 AM

I thought I was the only one!

Martok

Quote from: airboy on March 24, 2020, 10:21:06 AM
Quote from: Martok on March 23, 2020, 08:10:53 AM

I thought I was the only one!
Heh.  No, definitely not. 

Pretty much any game played with a first-person perspective (it's not just shooters) makes me ill after just 15-30 minutes; I get migraines and (usually) a certain degree of nausea.  This is often true even of games that offer a 3rd-person perspective as an option (such as certain sim titles and RPG's), although I can generally make it longer before suffering symptoms.  That's why I don't play many sim games (much as I sometimes enjoy them), and prefer the old-style isometric RPG's like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity: Original Sin over RPG's like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.