Weapon to Kill Lots of Hogs

Started by airboy, July 07, 2013, 10:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: MIGMaster on July 10, 2013, 06:44:56 AM
What kind of choke does that puppy have ?

You can get it either open choke or choked cylinder bore.  You also have the option of using an adapter that'll take Remington chokes as well.

MIGMaster

I had a Rem 870 that I used for Patridge hunting - hunted mostly on old logging roads and I used an extra full Turkey Choke - it was great! I was getting some real good patterns at longer ranges. Hit 2 or 3 birds that my buddy's modified would not touch.

GDS_Starfury

you had a gun!  in Canada! 

que the black helicopters!

oh wait, you dont have any anymore.  ;)
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 10, 2013, 11:35:48 AM
you had a gun!  in Canada! 

que the black helicopters!

oh wait, you dont have any anymore.  ;)

Sure they do. All they need to do is go down to the local constable's office and ask for it back.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 07, 2013, 09:23:25 PM
Make it a fun challenge.  I say use a KSG shotgun with slugs.  (mine's been on back-order for 8 god damned months and still shows no signs of arriving anytime soon.  :'()

That is sweet. There's a UTAS-15 which looks interesting but from the limited reading I've done the KSG is considered better. Would love to hear your thoughts on it once you get it.

GDS_Starfury

for when you positively have to kill every hog on the planet.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 07, 2013, 04:54:11 PM
Quote from: Toonces on July 07, 2013, 03:42:47 PM
Call me crazy, but that seems unsporting in some way...  ::)

youve never had a 500 lb hog charging at you.

it only happened to me once and I never went back to that bar.

+1
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: LongBlade on July 10, 2013, 12:37:39 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 07, 2013, 09:23:25 PM
Make it a fun challenge.  I say use a KSG shotgun with slugs.  (mine's been on back-order for 8 god damned months and still shows no signs of arriving anytime soon.  :'()

That is sweet. There's a UTAS-15 which looks interesting but from the limited reading I've done the KSG is coensidered better. Would love to hear your thoughts on it once you get it.

I was going to go with the UTS-15 originally because I liked the fact that you could set the selector to feed alternately from both tube mags whereas you can't with the KSG.  After reading several forum reviews and watching some user vids, I decided to order the KSG instead as there were a large number of complaints about poor reliability and lots of misfeeds with the UTS.  The company I ordered my shotgun from has since stopped importing the UTAS because so many people were dissatisfied.

Toonces

That looks like something out of Interstellar Marines.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

Quote from: Toonces on July 10, 2013, 08:57:52 PM
That looks like something out of Interstellar Marines.

I'm thinking it's about perfect for home defense. Four or five guys break in with ill intent. You've got more than amble ammo available without reloading to discourage them until the cops arrive.

GDS_Starfury

ya'll should buy something before syfy's release of Hognado scares people.

Toonces

What's the purpose of a Picatinny Rail?

And what's that trigger looking thing in the little half circle triangle thingy at the rear/shoulder end of the stock?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Is that a real gun or are you guys just messing with me?

GDS_Starfury

the rails are universal firm mounts for anything you can think of.  scopes, lights, lasers, beer can openers, bi-pods... stuff like that.  Picatinny is the Army development depot where they were invented.  the 'trigger thingy' is just a support brace though I imagine you could latch a sling mount there.  and yes its a real gun.

sheeesh.....  squids.  ::)

GDS_Starfury

maybe this visual will help as all of those things fit on those rails: