Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 25, 2020, 11:16:51 AM
That can never hurt.

Or try lions and spades and animals and suns!::

Sir Slash

I love a well-dressed army.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 25, 2020, 03:43:59 PM
I love a well-dressed army.  :bd:

And here on the initial charge, the knights have their lances out and have crashed though the woods and hit the Emir's spearmen from behind:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Back when I was in Spearman Training School, the first lesson on day 1 was ALWAYS look behind you. Especially in woods.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 25, 2020, 06:55:03 PM
How rude.

Sure, but like Mustafa here seems to be saying to himself: "Rude or not; if I see another psychotic gnome I'm going to wring his neck.  I'm not fooling around with any bows or spears or battle-axes -- I'm just going to wring his neck."

Sir Slash

That guy's pretty scary-looking. Not too smart though. He brought a pair of hands to a sword fight.  :idiot2:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

All psychotics say that. In fact they say it over and over and over. Usually just to themselves though. Gnomes I don't know about.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 26, 2020, 03:36:57 PM
That guy's pretty scary-looking. Not too smart though. He brought a pair of hands to a sword fight.  :idiot2:

The sword cuts both ways -- here a Knight of Antioch (yep, Castile took Africa by vassalizing a chain of vassals -- the vassal of your vassal is the vassal of your vassal etc. -- so I switched to "Very Hard" Antioch on Easy with an Easy Mod) -- anyway, here a more heavily armored opponent of the Kingdom of Antioch stabs a knight who is still using his lance -- alas for him -- when things have gone to close melee sword mode:

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Now that looks like a right-proper dust-up. Plus a really nice view while you're wading through the gore of your enemies.  O0

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 27, 2020, 08:16:54 AM
Total insanity!

I was worried when steppe barbarians turned up to raid, but after quelling that I accidently took over most of Asia Minor and the Balkans by clobbering the Turks while they were away clobbering the rump of the Byzantines' little Empire (the Latins have Constantinople in the aftermath of the 4th Crusade which went awry and stormed Constantinople twice in 1204 and 1206 or so).  So I envassalated the Turks and now all their vassals and vassals vassals vassals are mine from Uzbekistan to the Adriatic.  Here are the savage barbarians with some axes.  The Templars are sort of keeping them corralled: