Main Menu

Tacview Questions

Started by MC, September 14, 2020, 11:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

I'm finally getting around to digging into Command: Modern operations and am looking into possibly purchasing Tacview. What is the best place to buy this, directly from the Tacview site or Steam? I ask this because I may possibly want to use this for Steam and non-Steam games in the future. For instance, if I purchase a license from Tacview, can I use it on Steam?

Any comments on your experience with Tacview?

Thanks in advance!

Jarhead0331

I purchased directly from the Tacview website and run it fine with Command on Steam.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Also purchased directly from the Tacview website and registered that key on Steam (easier updates).  The Steam version works with all games (real-time telemetry is currently only available for DCS World, X-Plane, FSX and P3D)

If you are patient : last year : 40% off Tacview Standard and Tacview Advanced from December 19th, 2019 to January 5th, 2020 inclusive.  Last winter Steam also sold Tacview 40% off.
So you probably will get a similar discount next december.

Zulu1966

Quote from: MC on September 14, 2020, 11:24:00 AM
I'm finally getting around to digging into Command: Modern operations and am looking into possibly purchasing Tacview. What is the best place to buy this, directly from the Tacview site or Steam? I ask this because I may possibly want to use this for Steam and non-Steam games in the future. For instance, if I purchase a license from Tacview, can I use it on Steam?

Thanks in advance!

I purchased direct also and no issues. Picked it up when it was on sale.

My view is it really adds yo CMO. Though my view at least is you really need to run it on its own in a second screen to get the full benefit.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

smittyohio

Quote from: Zulu1966 on September 15, 2020, 11:59:10 AM
Quote from: MC on September 14, 2020, 11:24:00 AM

Thanks in advance!

I purchased direct also and no issues. Picked it up when it was on sale.

My view is it really adds yo CMO. Though my view at least is you really need to run it on its own in a second screen to get the full benefit.

Did they ever fix the fog of war issues with CMO and TacView?   Haven't really kept up with the evolution of CMO since release.

Pete Dero

If I only used it for CMO I would say the price is to high for what it adds.  In my opinion it adds more value to games like DCS.
And yes : a second monitor is recommended.

If you like immersion for CMO check out Seahag - Speech and Ambient Sound Module (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3457871)

Fog of War is fixed (The Open Beta for Build 1121.4 has introduced a major new feature: the Fog of War (FOW) for Tacview 3D view.)