Thanks Amazon

Started by steve58, December 20, 2023, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Wife ordered some battery-operated window candles from Amazon.  Got'em today and there was one extra thing in the box...a mostly still alive large fly. :shocked:   :headscratch:   At least they didn't charge us.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I bought a bankers lamp from Amazon and it arrived in about 100 pieces yesterday.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

I've recently had several major issues with Amazon stuff. But in my case, the problem was not Amazon per se, but the re-sellers selling stuff on the platform.

I've almost given up buying canned / dry foodstuffs from Amazon; high prices (bordering on ludicrous at times), close to expired when received, and often crushed or damaged.

It doesn't help seeing the recent press about how a very large amount of items returned by customers, go straight to the landfill...and ultimately this is reflected in prices. Also, how Amazon has been strong-arming resellers with extra fees.

I suspect there is a reckoning of sorts coming for Amazon down the road.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

steve58

I returned some food items to a Walmart once and was told it would be trashed because they couldn't re-sell food items.  I guess Amazon has similar rules or maybe its the law.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, it sucks.  I worked part-time as the maintenance guy at Costco when I was a student.  At the end of each day, the floor staff would have to comb the aisles to find all the food that people had put in their carts and then changed their minds on and just stuffed in random spots.  (Always kept finding salmon stuffed into the clothes for some reason). 

I'd throw it all into a hydraulic crusher and flatten it.  Seemed like duch a waste but corporate lawyers and got bureaucrats decided the risk of possible contamination and litigation from food poisoning was enough of a risk to avoid giving it to food banks.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: steve58 on December 21, 2023, 11:32:26 AMI returned some food items to a Walmart once and was told it would be trashed because they couldn't re-sell food items.  I guess Amazon has similar rules or maybe its the law.

The issue with returns is not really just food - its everything. The CNBC piece below is a good synopsis.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 21, 2023, 02:43:21 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 21, 2023, 11:32:26 AMI returned some food items to a Walmart once and was told it would be trashed because they couldn't re-sell food items.  I guess Amazon has similar rules or maybe its the law.

The issue with returns is not really just food - its everything. The CNBC piece below is a good synopsis.

Same at Costco.  We crushed everything.  If an item couldn't be returned to a manufacturer or sold on to a reseller, we'd crush it.  I destroyed a tonne of plasma TVs and children's sleds right after Christmas one year.  I'd also get bored and see what sort of interesting combos I could mix into the crusher.  Best result was a combo of highlighter pens, shaving cream, watermelons, and spray paint. 

GDS_Starfury

we've had a few things to return that amazon said don't bother.  the most expensive was a small unit washer/dryer.
we got to keep that, get a free replacement and the supreme leader uses it for spare parts for the replaced unit and other appliances. 
shes an awesome apocalypse partner!  would also make a great Ukrainian soldier.   :RockOn:

my woman can build and fix shit!  how many of you have that luxury?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

^I got that. The Wife helped me buff out scratches on my Subaru this morning as well.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sigwolf

Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2023, 02:19:13 PM^I got that. The Wife helped me buff out scratches on my Subaru this morning as well.
I thought it was your marmot?  Oh different topic...

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd