Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

There is another bit of very useful intelligence-gathering one can get from the stat menus, too, even with graphs off.

Namely, one can track the top scoring "characters" currently in the game, the top 15 officers, monsters and pretenders with the most experience and kills.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

See it as the rumours of the lands as told by the inhabitants of the provinces.
I am not sure wether the info is 100% accurate or fluctuates a bit, just like intel on units in a province.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

i see in the smaller game Caelum has 220 kills across 3 commanders  :o :o

and in this game theres already an SC pretender knocking about

and i lucked out on the names again, small game - the great afterthought, this one, shepherd - pffft shepherd

parone

caelum's kills likely come from the Evo spell Thunderstrike.  i HATE that spell!!! 

Huw the Poo

Haha!  I still think "The Great Afterthought" is the best title ever!

undercovergeek

Quote from: parone on March 20, 2013, 08:24:41 AM
caelum's kills likely come from the Evo spell Thunderstrike.  i HATE that spell!!! 

Yskonyn

Hey don't share empire secrets like that, will you?!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

hmmmm?

sorry - was just researching the best counters to thunderstrike!

Yskonyn

Does that mean diplomacy with your is going to be shot down in advance?
Ok.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 20, 2013, 09:21:41 AM
Does that mean diplomacy with your is going to be shot down in advance?
Ok.

tea and stickies round at pythium when ever you want Yskonyn

Yskonyn

We first have to find you... :D
I'll bring icecream, cause that is what we're good at... you know, cold stuff.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 20, 2013, 09:32:45 AM
We first have to find you... :D
I'll bring icecream, cause that is what we're good at... you know, cold stuff.

sounds good, and then we can sort out killing huw - fine tea party talk

gameleaper

Parone: C'tis is the only one who hasnt sent in his turn, thats amazing for a 2 day game. We may even get another turn in soon :)

byrdman57

Quote from: Phobos on March 20, 2013, 07:31:28 AM
Pretty sure Midgard has a big guy with a beard.

Looks like someone is getting a lump of coal in their stocking.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 20, 2013, 08:11:34 AM
See it as the rumours of the lands as told by the inhabitants of the provinces.
I am not sure wether the info is 100% accurate or fluctuates a bit, just like intel on units in a province.

The Hall of Fame is 100% accurate (for the turn it's generated); it's a "stat" tool, so the notion would be to provide accurate information to the player to assess.

It's also how I knew before he even said anything that Byrd probably scored well against the Indies right off the bat. ("Probably", because of course his troops and pretender might have retreated before winning the province, even though his pretender scored several kills.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!