Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Oga,

Bogarus said he had already sent orders to retake the land that your predecessor invaded, and said he was willing to grant you peace and vassalage status after reclaiming that land. If he has gone farther than he indicated, that's one thing; but unless you think your position is strong enough to continue Arco's war with Bogarus, I recommend you accept vassalage status, in order to stay in the game longer.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

parone

JasonPratt

Well, he did inherit a bad position. But he volunteered for it, too, so... if he wants to continue longer in this game, he'll have to decide how best to do that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 16, 2013, 07:53:17 AM
Well, he did inherit a bad position. But he volunteered for it, too, so... if he wants to continue longer in this game, he'll have to decide how best to do that.

have i missed something - is there something to suggest Oga is not happy with his lot?

Ogaburan

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 16, 2013, 07:33:19 AM
Oga,

Bogarus said he had already sent orders to retake the land that your predecessor invaded, and said he was willing to grant you peace and vassalage status after reclaiming that land. If he has gone farther than he indicated, that's one thing; but unless you think your position is strong enough to continue Arco's war with Bogarus, I recommend you accept vassalage status, in order to stay in the game longer.

I might have ignore it, because I was not sure i would get the Job.
By the time I got the job I think the Bogarus had a change of mind;
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 14, 2013, 05:04:06 PM
Yeah thanks Oga, jolly decent of you.  I give my word that your death will be as quick and painless as I can manage!
Or a mild case of schizophrenia...

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 16, 2013, 08:04:49 AM
have i missed something - is there something to suggest Oga is not happy with his lot?
I dont want to reveal all my cards, or say something that might be interpreted as an insult by  my predecessor.
But there is a reason im having a Gem-Sellout...

As for the conflict history, I am not familiar with the history of it.
For instance that "I" originally invaded, nor am I familiar with the per-invasion borders.
No reason to go easy on me if Bogarus think they can take me out, im willing to bleed them to an unwinnable situation in the process.
After all...
THIS IS ARCOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

- Huh?

JasonPratt

Huw is Ermor, the super-dangerous undead nation that most of us are worried about. You have him on one of your borders, too, but he isn't Bogarus. That's Phobos. (One of the two nations with the best chance of stopping Ermor.)

Phobos did point out publicly for full disclosure that Arco had recently invaded Bogarus (in a good-natured way OOC), and had lost a major army in the process; and that Boga intended to at least take back their lost territory. But he was willing to grant peace to the new Arco ruler. That's upthread somewhere.

However, if you want a multiple front war with both Huw (as Ermor the super-undead nation) and Phobos (as Bogarus), that's up to you. Boga is aiming for Ermor and you're literally in the way.

(I should add that Huw was probably being humorous about being at war with you; but he also knows most players aren't going to ally with Late Age Ermor anyway, so he might as well act like a supervillain.)

undercovergeek

For super villain read comedy dwarf in clown suit riding an impossibly small bicycle     

Phobos

Bogarus has reclaimed territory lost to Arcoscephale during an unprovoked war.  We are currently in a position to invade Arcoscephale.  We have one avenue of attack that leads straight to Arco's capital city and through to Ermor. 

Maybe we will march today, maybe we won't.  Isn't war exciting?

Feel free to send diplomatic cables, legal summons to international courts or entertaining trash talk to me via PM on this forum.   

Yskonyn

Darn!

Caelum is happy so far, in their quiet corner of the world. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Ogaburan

Diplomacy since I took over has been chaotic, haven't got any concrete offer that isn't by proxy.
Might have also confused some players/nations... im playing 3 games atm 2 of which i subbed. Allot of new faces to remember.

If the Bogarus invade we are prepared, if they stop under the mountain I will consider this whole "incident" as over.
I dont think Bogarus has the strength to subjugate my capital without it costing him an arm, and eye and an ear. Thus vassalage is out of the question.
As for being in the way, sadly I cannot move the capital. Bogarus will just have to take the long way around.

If hostilities will end.
I will vow not to cross the Starko (93) bridge again with an army.
I will lay claim to the Lankwood forest's, so Pythium might take that into consideration and march his hydras on unsuspecting fisherman down the coast... to avoid another "incident".

Im also still offering gems for money, up to 40.
8 Death gems are also for sale.

Cheers,
Oga Goddess of the Forest.  ;D

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 16, 2013, 09:29:07 AM
(I should add that Huw was probably being humorous about being at war with you; but he also knows most players aren't going to ally with Late Age Ermor anyway, so he might as well act like a supervillain.)

For clarity, this is absolutely correct.  If the hat fits, etc. :)

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ogaburan on April 16, 2013, 02:05:42 PM
I will lay claim to the Lankwood forest's, so Pythium might take that into consideration and march his hydras on unsuspecting fisherman down the coast... to avoid another "incident".

Im also still offering gems for money, up to 40.
8 Death gems are also for sale.

Cheers,
Oga Goddess of the Forest.  ;D

ALL of the Lankwood forest????

surely a tease Oga

i can send you some ££ for the death gems

Huw the Poo

JasonPratt

C'tis certainly was willing to buy those death gems.

BIDDING WAAARRRR!!!  ;D

undercovergeek