Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogaburan

This is a picture of Mileta, my pretender titaness giving a personal huge to all the trees in her new forest.

Might take a while...

JasonPratt

..... ..........

Okay, I'll be the one to ask. A personal "huge" what?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ogaburan on April 27, 2013, 03:25:50 PM

This is a picture of Mileta, my pretender titaness giving a personal huge to all the trees in her new forest.

Might take a while...

>:(

Ogaburan

Oh god, i meant HUG ofc!  :-[

What with the sad face undercovergeek? No hydras were harmed...
All is well!  ;)

Huw the Poo

Hullo!

This is my regular reminder that I will crush you all!

Especially feeble Bogarus!

byrdman57

Huw, your dominion is so toxic one of my scouts became diseased just by walking through it. Someone needs to send some priests over there to banish those monsters asap!

Nefaro

I can smell the Ermorian sewer all the way over here!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: byrdman57 on April 27, 2013, 08:47:25 PM
Huw, your dominion is so toxic one of my scouts became diseased just by walking through it.

Splendid!  Yeah it's a proper garden realm I'm managing, eh?  Don't miss the gift shop on the way out, if you live long enough to reach it! :D

Huw the Poo

By the way, I did warn y'all:

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 26, 2013, 02:19:01 AM
You will, of course, also have to come through my festering, decaying lands incapable of supporting any life first.

You've heard what happened to Byrdman's scout.  The same thing will happen to your armies.  Have at it!

undercovergeek

We could just leave you alone til you just died out - there's only so much population you can have!

By the way is there a 'anti disease' item that can be forged?

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2013, 04:11:14 AM
We could just leave you alone til you just died out - there's only so much population you can have!

Yes, I'm quite content to just sit here in my cursed lands and wait for the heat death of the universe.  :P

Phobos

Dominions Wiki page on Afflictions

This has some details on afflictions like disease and how to prevent/remove them.

Paraphrasing:

-Regenerating units, from natural abilities or items, have a reduced chance of gaining afflictions.
-Units with the recuperation ability will heal afflictions over time.
-Some shapechanging units have a chance of losing afflictions when their shapechange ability is triggered in combat.
-Immortal units will heal afflictions.
-Some units have the 'Healer' ability, which allows them to heal afflicted units in the same province (percentage chance to trigger ability, different afflictions are more or less difficult to remove).
-The Chalice is an artifact that can remove afflictions.
-Gift of Health is a spell that will heal units in friendly dominion.

There is probably a heap of stuff I have missed.  I find the wiki is a good starting point for finding information.

parone

if you bring supply items, your armies will be just fine.  his lands are not diseased, but his dominions end up with zero supply.

Nefaro

Quote from: parone on April 28, 2013, 07:12:52 AM
if you bring supply items, your armies will be just fine.  his lands are not diseased, but his dominions end up with zero supply.

Exactly.

They're probably gaining disease from being out of supply.  Every turn one of your units is out of supply, each one has a chance of gaining disease (and afflictions?).  There are some magic items you can construct that will give your general's army extra supply points.

Now you know one of the reasons Ermor is considered one of the stronger factions.  You need to be well-equipped in order to invade their territories because you can't stay there without your army quickly draining away.