Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I can't send this next turn in because my internet is practically dead.   

The modem is fried and I won't be getting another up & running for at least 2 days.

parone

Nefaro

Not sure if my internet will still be working when it arrives.

It was down all day today, and they're sending a new modem.  But it just now kinda straightened out.  I fully expect it to go tits-up again in the next 24 hours.  The techs couldn't figure out what the problem was, so blamed a faulty modem (although that may not be the case).

If I go silent for a couple days.. wait for me.

byrdman57

Quote from: Nefaro on June 03, 2013, 06:50:01 PM

I call Nefaro's capital if he goes silent!

Yskonyn

Turns will come for real in the next few hours now.
I can turn in the two. Then I will be gone for 10 days.

Jason do you want to take care of Caelum so you guys can continue?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: byrdman57 on June 03, 2013, 11:11:47 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 03, 2013, 06:50:01 PM

I call Nefaro's capital if he goes silent!

Looks like the OOPS Man actually showed up at a decent hour today.  No treats for you!  :P

JasonPratt

Ysk: Um... sure?

You'll need to pmail me about what your goals are so I can play that side as close to your intentions as possible while your away. We aren't anywhere near each other, so I'm not worried about our nations conflicting; and if you're fighting one of my allies I'll continue the fight for you.

Another possibility would be someone who was recently put out of Groghammer taking over, if any such players aren't already here.

Note -- you could still give me the admin password (unless you've chosen a second admin already and I've forgotten) so that someone will be around to admin the game. I could even run Caelum for a few turns until when-if-ever I find someone outside the game to take over temporarily for you, and then use admin powers to pass your faction to him instead.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

parone

while i am certainly eager to continue, if Nef is likely down as well, we might just as well delay.  i also will get this turn in, but then wil be AFK till fri afternoon

Yskonyn

Ok in that case we will put the game on hold.
I can still play a turn in the next few hours id everyone is quick. Otherwise I am gone.
I'll be checking the forums from time to time via mobile internet.
Ahhhh... Holiday! *content sigh
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Phobos

Have a fun trip.

If you extend the hosting interval to maximum, we can still get the next turn in.  Or you could PM the admin password to JP, so he can extend the timer on your behalf.  Just a thought...my part of the world is about to get very exiting, so I'm eager to get the next few turns in.  Good things come to those who wait, so I don't mind the delay that much.

byrdman57

I'll try to get my turn in as soon as I am home, but that won't be for 3 more hours.

Nefaro

Mine's in.

Internet is up & running right now.  Hopefully whatever mysterious day-long issue that was, it doesn't happen again.

JasonPratt

I'll be able to send in my turn this afternoon, too -- although I'll have to watch afterward to make sure the clock doesn't reset to 48 hours!

(If it does, no problem, I have co-admin powers now, I'll fix it. I'm good at fixing the timer...  ::) )

Edited to add: well, no, dangit, but not a big deal I guess. I should have two turns in tomorrow afternoon (along with two Groghammer turms).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Hrmm.. the current turn never arrived in my email.

I requested it to be resent.  Must've been my turn for this to happen.  :o

parone

too bad Ysk didn't send a turn in prior to leaving.  i shoulda prodded him to.

ahh well.  in the meantime, the new game is diplomacy :-*

that's a kiss from C'tis to everyone.  Peace be with you