Main Menu

Surface Pro 3

Started by Jarhead0331, December 24, 2014, 11:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 24, 2014, 11:04:00 AM
So I got a Surface Pro 3 for the holidays and so far I really dig it.  However, I am struggling with the touch interface on a lot of the games I am trying to play.  Does anyone else have one of these and if so, what games do you play? What games work best?

I've mainly played Command on my Surface 3 since I got it back in July. I don't normally use it with a mouse, and use the touch screen as much as possible. I normally use the keyboard attachment, but on the recommendation from a thread I saw over at Matrix, I picked up Comfort On-Screen Keyboard. I found the UI works really well when you can quick bind actions like auto/manual attack, course speed popups, etc to an on screen key.

I've played some Door Kickers on the Surface as well, and it works really well but I found it makes the surface a little too hot for my taste on the back. I tried AJE and WW1 Gold CE as well. Neither game recognizes the touch interface, but they run fine with a mouse. Haven't tried anything like EUIV or CK2 yet. Commander the Great War ran ok on it too, but I didn't play it much since I'm not really a huge fan of the game.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bbmike

Are you using an i7 Surface Pro 3? I've read that runs much hotter than the i5 under load.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Mine is an i7 with 8 GB RAM. I haven't noticed anything concerning yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18