Combat mission fortress Italy - Rome to victory

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 29, 2019, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 24, 2019, 09:51:58 AM
Quote from: Elvis on December 23, 2019, 02:35:11 PM
Something came up the other day.......It appears that the installer for the CMFI 2.10 patch did not include all of the Master Maps. If someone used the full game installer then they have all of the maps.

The 4 missing maps are all pretty awesome Monte Cassino maps. Here is a direct link to the maps for anyone interested:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-sd454c2776604c928

Do you recall who did these maps?

I think it was Sburke (Battlefront Forum Handle).

Elvis

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 24, 2019, 09:51:58 AM
Quote from: Elvis on December 23, 2019, 02:35:11 PM
Something came up the other day.......It appears that the installer for the CMFI 2.10 patch did not include all of the Master Maps. If someone used the full game installer then they have all of the maps.

The 4 missing maps are all pretty awesome Monte Cassino maps. Here is a direct link to the maps for anyone interested:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-sd454c2776604c928

Do you recall who did these maps?

sburke.

I should ask around about the history behind them because I really don't know it. He pointed out at the last minute that they weren't in, and I wasn't turning down any great looking content like them. They really are nice and a great starting point for anyone looking to make a battle around that area. But, they were never anything that I discussed with him prior. Chris may have at some point over the multi-year development time. They are time stamped over 5 years ago!  :wow: They are also not Rome to Victory dependent. So, it is that rare patch that also contains some content. In the back of my brain I can kinda almost recall another time when a patch had some content too. It was either some extra scenarios or QB maps or somefink.

al_infierno

So.... Is it too soon to start asking about preorders for the Red Thunder Bagration to Berlin module?   ;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao