Combat mission fortress Italy - Rome to victory

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 29, 2019, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Canadian Cat

Quote from: al_infierno on October 02, 2019, 05:42:03 PM
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see an announcement for the October delay, which is what I'm talking about -- aside from the store page being updated on Oct. 1st to say "expected in October."

As always Elvis, I appreciate your responses.
Not an announcement but the AAR that Elvis is talking about - well one side anyway.
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135642-cmfi-rome-to-victory-beta-aar-indian-infantry-south-african-armour/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-1802447
Read the full AAR from the beginning or just that post with a few teasers. For the other side: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135637-caar-cmfi-rome-to-victory-beta-the-kirpan-the-rhino/

Daroc

Quote from: A Canadian Cat on October 03, 2019, 01:41:09 PM
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see an announcement for the October delay, which is what I'm talking about -- aside from the store page being updated on Oct. 1st to say "expected in October."

Not an announcement but the AAR that Elvis is talking about - well one side anyway.
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135642-cmfi-rome-to-victory-beta-aar-indian-infantry-south-african-armour/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-1802447
Read the full AAR from the beginning or just that post with a few teasers. For the other side: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135637-caar-cmfi-rome-to-victory-beta-the-kirpan-the-rhino/

I feel the bite on my wallet tempting me to go ahead on RTV from reading the Kirpan the Rhino AAR very well done and keeps you wanting for more.

al_infierno

Quote from: A Canadian Cat on October 03, 2019, 01:41:09 PM

Much appreciated.  Looks awesome! O0 
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Redwolf

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 02, 2019, 10:51:56 AM
Not trying to start an anti-Battlefront rant here so please consider that but,... after long and hard effort I've FINALLY got my CM games up and running on Game Engine 4 and I really fear taking a chance on screwing them up by anything new right now. So, I'm majorly holding-off on everything for now. My 2 cents.

You can check out my exchange with Elvis in the other thread. It probably covers a majority of all ways to screw up a CMx2 build :D

In all seriousness, what I learned as the key element for survival is that, although not really announced, BFC updates the distribution files to include everything (even stuff you don't own, that is managed by license key) and you can download them. The files change in your account. Afterward you can just go nuke your install (keep mods and custom files) and easily start over.

Grim.Reaper

well, looks like we get to turn the page on another month gone by....i am assuming we will see the announcement page text changed to november shortly.....

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 31, 2019, 04:23:51 AM
well, looks like we get to turn the page on another month gone by....i am assuming we will see the announcement page text changed to november shortly.....

CAn we talk about the DRM instead? PLease. :-)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on November 02, 2019, 09:03:27 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 31, 2019, 04:23:51 AM

CAn we talk about the DRM instead? PLease. :-)

I don't think either are particularly good discussions:)

For me, it missed my purchase window....too many other games I was able to buy on their expected release dates while waiting for this and several more to come before end of year.  So the date no longer worries me, not a day one purchase anymore and likely won't be until 2020 (if at all), assuming it is released by then....only half joking since only two months left in 2019.

Elvis

Understood, Reap. The good news is that the module is non-perishable and has no expiration date. So, it will be there if you ever decide that you'd like it.

Grim.Reaper

I see the mention of any date on the battlefront page has now been removed.....

Grim.Reaper

I see another month down......saw the announcement it will not happen this week or the weekend....December here we come!

Now the question, will it actually still come out in 2019 or we looking at 2020?

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 27, 2019, 03:23:11 PM
I see another month down......saw the announcement it will not happen this week or the weekend....December here we come!

Now the question, will it actually still come out in 2019 or we looking at 2020?

If it wasn't a holiday weekend it would have probably been out tomorrow or Friday. There is one piece needed before release. Once it's out I'll explain more what I mean by that. Heck, when I woke this morning I thought I was waking up to ship it out today. The original conversation was whether it was going to be yesterday or today but a longer term benefit thing that doesn't really have anything to do with the module's content was brought up and it was decided to wait until it was available...which would only add a day or two....except that day or 2 happened to fall on a holiday weekend.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on November 27, 2019, 04:12:15 PM

If it wasn't a holiday weekend it would have probably been out tomorrow or Friday. There is one piece needed before release. Once it's out I'll explain more what I mean by that. Heck, when I woke this morning I thought I was waking up to ship it out today. The original conversation was whether it was going to be yesterday or today but a longer term benefit thing that doesn't really have anything to do with the module's content was brought up and it was decided to wait until it was available...which would only add a day or two....except that day or 2 happened to fall on a holiday weekend.

Thanks, but its been close before so no offense, but the only for sure time will be when people are actually downloading and playing...

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 27, 2019, 04:15:07 PM

Thanks, but its been close before so no offense, but the only for sure time will be when people are actually downloading and playing...

I can dig it.

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 27, 2019, 04:15:07 PM

I may have lied.

Grim.Reaper

in what way?  is it coming out this weekend?  or still no where ready?