Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Anguille

The province concept sounds great! Can't wait to try this.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I love that they are directly competing with Creative Assembly...it will be cool to have a Total War alternative in this type of grand strategy/rts combo type of game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2019, 09:15:09 AM
I love that they are directly competing with Creative Assembly...it will be cool to have a Total War alternative in this type of grand strategy/rts combo type of game.
Yes. And I would also love to see some competition for Civilization games.

Gusington

Yes! That too. I really hope they pull it off. The team seems very excited and enthusiastic, from their blog posts. I got good vibes.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Anguille on March 26, 2019, 09:28:54 AM

This x10000000000000!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jomni

Quote from: Anguille on March 26, 2019, 09:28:54 AM

And Paradox too.

IICptMillerII

I was considering looking into Imperator by Paradox to scratch my Rome itch, but once Field of Glory Empires was announced I quickly forgot about it. Unpopular opinion alert but; I'm not a fan of Paradox myself, at least their most recent games. As long as FoGE delivers I'll have no need for the Imperator title. Good news for my wallet at least!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: IICptMillerII on March 27, 2019, 10:16:03 AM
I was considering looking into Imperator by Paradox to scratch my Rome itch, but once Field of Glory Empires was announced I quickly forgot about it. Unpopular opinion alert but; I'm not a fan of Paradox myself, at least their most recent games. As long as FoGE delivers I'll have no need for the Imperator title. Good news for my wallet at least!

Same for me. 

Much like Battlecruiser 3000ad, this is the last thing I'll ever desire.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Quote from: IICptMillerII on March 27, 2019, 10:16:03 AM

I agree with you on this.  Even when I did not know about Field of Glory Empires I had zero desire to buy Imperator.   

Dear Paradox,

I am but one voice of 6 billion plus souls on this planet.  I am insignificant to your bottom line.  I am however legion.  I will not buy any more of your product until you change to turn based strategy.  We are burnt out of your real time formula.   :P
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CJReich46

I'm looking at this one much more than Imperator Rome.

but it's nice to actually see some serious competition.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Yskonyn

For my the fact that you can use FoG 2 to run your battles just seals the deal. It will be a gloriously, ridiculously grand strategy tactical game!  :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

devoncop

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=91138

New update.......Dastactic livestream tomorrow of a specific challenge available in game........ :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games