Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: CptHowdy on May 03, 2019, 11:31:38 PM
dastactic with a new 2 hour video on youtube. playing another challenge  :)

I watched the Dastactic attempt and he got himself into serious trouble trying to take Syracuse through not understanding the full depth of the intricate supply system in the game which is really well done.

He was trying to supply his invasion fleet and invading army from Melita (Malta) without ensuring enough food was being produced or was stockpiled there.

The economic system is also in depth it seems and the variable nature of which buildings are available to be built will mean the idea of just working out the best mini/max order of production in each region is redundant.

They do need to make sure when it is released though that the reviewers understand the systems or the game will risk being unjustly criticised.

I am enjoying Imperator Rome (unlike some) but the economic and supply systems in this game are far superior it seems and there is no comparison with the better combat system in Empires already.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Wow. Empires sounds ready.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 04, 2019, 01:04:28 PM

A few of the mechanics maybe need a tooltip or so to explain to the player "WHY" they cannot do something but I agree in looks very polished.

This is the second challenge video for  you tubers that Slitherine have done and there seems to be a few planned each demonstrating a different aspect of the game so release may not be imminent.

We have had military in the first challenge and culture, trade and the economy taking the core with Carthage in this one so I would expect maybe a diplomatic one encompassing internal politics or maybe a non focused full campaign game to see how good/aggressive the AI is .....this will be crucial.

devoncop

Quote from: devoncop on May 04, 2019, 01:22:51 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 04, 2019, 01:04:28 PM

A few of the mechanics maybe need a tooltip or two to explain to the player "WHY" they cannot do something but I agree it looks very polished.

This is the second challenge video for  you tubers that Slitherine have done and there seems to be a few planned .......each demonstrating a different aspect of the game so release may not be imminent.

We have had military in the first challenge and culture, trade and the economy taking the core with Carthage in this one so I would expect maybe a diplomatic one encompassing internal politics or maybe a non focused full campaign game to see how good/aggressive the AI is .....this will be crucial.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

IICptMillerII

I'm actually holding off from watching much gameplay right now. I'm waiting until they announce a release date (assuming they don't abruptly release it before announcing). That way, once there is a release date and I know when to expect it, I can fill the waiting period by watching gameplay and learning the mechanics. I haven't been this excited for a game like this in a very long time.

devoncop

Quote from: IICptMillerII on May 05, 2019, 01:09:16 AM
I'm actually holding off from watching much gameplay right now. I'm waiting until they announce a release date (assuming they don't abruptly release it before announcing). That way, once there is a release date and I know when to expect it, I can fill the waiting period by watching gameplay and learning the mechanics. I haven't been this excited for a game like this in a very long time.

Totally agree with the anticipation but my self control is much less than yours !

mikeck

Self control is easy when it's not out !
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Geezer

I'm not jumping on the hype train either.  Will wait for reviews here before spending any time thinking about it.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

If the developers can make Empires as solid as FoG2, I will be very happy. Ecstatic, even.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IronX

I've tried to jump on the hype train before too, only to fall under and get sliced and diced by its wheels of baloney.

Rayfer

Any release date yet?  Matrix product page still says "coming soon".

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on May 06, 2019, 11:48:44 AM
PLEASE BE SOON.

Those who want can enter the beta !  (just mentioned on their twitch channel)

http://slitherine.com/beta/cnda.asp?gid=789

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 06, 2019, 11:48:44 AM
PLEASE BE SOON.

Apparently on the stream today the release is planned for the last week of June .....

(Starts counting pennies in piggy bank......)

Nope ....will just have to mortgage off the wife 😂😂