New home library

Started by Jarhead0331, November 12, 2019, 11:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2019, 01:40:16 PM
Hmm...is VR at a point yet where there are some must-have, can't miss titles?

For me, 100% no question. I can't imagine flying DCS without it now. It is indispensable. Other VR native titles are amazing, revolutionary gaming experiences, like VTOL VR, Onward and Sariento VR. These games just have to be experienced first-hand in order to understand the difference. This is unquestionably the future of gaming, and probably all forms of human interaction.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Onward came up in my Steam recommendations a while back. I was all psyched until I realized it was VR only.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

DO NOT the VR version of that creepy, 'Showering With Your Father' game. Just don't do it!  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Where are all the library pictures?  All I see is Gus's.   :-\
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on June 25, 2020, 07:13:32 PM
Where are all the library pictures?  All I see is Gus's.   :-\

Fixed. This is just a shot of the built-in. I'll post some pictures of the other side later.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

I posted this in the interior design thread, but for completeness, here is my new office and also some close-ups of my bookshelves.  Everyone loves seeing what another Grog has in his collection!

I think The_Admiral would approve.

I'm going to bump up the bookshelves size to see if you can read the book titles...

These are my dad's books that I posted about a long time ago.  I can't open the top red and green ones or the spines will break.  The brown ones I can read.  The bottom shelf is his collection of 007 books and my Churchill WW2 collection.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

An office with a bed in it? Who are you, Hugh Hefner?  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 26, 2020, 10:24:02 PM
An office with a bed in it? Who are you, Hugh Hefner?  :bd:

Yeah...if my office had a bed, I would never leave it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Ubercat

Toonces, what's the white stuff in the Appleton Estates bottle? Sand?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Toonces

Yes, I try to collect sand from places where I surf.  The Appleton bottle is filled with sand from Carmel Beach in Carmel CA.  The Fiji rum bottle has sand from North Beach on Oahu.

Gusington

First thing I also noticed was the bed 😀

Nice office though, looks pretty big!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I still got some sand left-over from last summer in my shorts, Longboat Key. Interested?

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

LOL.

Yeah, it's a great sized room.  I'm very fortunate.  I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with that last wall.  I really would like to set up an aquarium, but a long work table would be nice too; somewhere to actually play some of these board games, build some models, write, things like that. 

I've got time, no rush.  I'm about over putting Ikea furniture together.

Gusington

Not sure exactly how to articulate this right now because I am drunk and blasting Metallica, but my cousin is an actual marine biologist who builds professional grade aquariums for wealthy weirdos as a side hustle so...if you're interested I am sure he could help you. He lives in the Tampa/Sarasota area and is 3000 miles away from you but may be able to give you some tips/help digitally/remotely.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd