Virtual ATS - Critical Hit's Advanced Tobruk System Supports Vassal

Started by ArizonaTank, December 29, 2014, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Critical Hit just released their Virtual ATS system (basically for Vassal).  I just got my copies from Critical Hit for my Advanced Tobruk (ATS) System collection. 

I am so in love with Vassal, I will no longer buy games that don't have Vassal support, or at least Cyberboard support.  Lack of Vassal support for ATS had really stopped me from making any more ATS purchases.

So I was really happy to see Critical Hit move into the 21st century with official Vassal support.  Now, I will happily look at purchasing some more ATS stuff.

To get the files, you have to sign-up through the CH store; basically, you "buy" them for $0.00, and you get a link by email.  CH request that they not be distributed.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GJK

I think that CH is about the last of the holdouts from the "no electronic media" versions of their games.  Isn't there a bunch of ATS modules?  Will they be including all of those as extensions to a core module, sort of like how VASL does it?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Mad Russian

DVG is adamant about selling their Vassal modules. I think they are the last hold out.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Staggerwing

Avalanche Press has also been rather reluctant to release VASSAL modules. A while back they did offer two mod, one for their Panzergrenadier: Airborne intro game and one for the SWW at Sea intro game, Coral Sea. The former module is still available but the game it is based on is now OOP. The latter module is no longer available even though there is still a link at the product page.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 29, 2014, 09:24:27 PM
Avalanche Press has also been rather reluctant to release VASSAL modules. A while back they did offer two mod, one for their Panzergrenadier: Airborne intro game and one for the SWW at Sea intro game, Coral Sea. The former module is still available but the game it is based on is now OOP. The latter module is no longer available even though there is still a link at the product page.

They released one for JP Third Reich as well...using my modded map, which I thought was funny (that they did that, not that the map was funny...lol)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer