Past Builds Honey I think Academy 2003

Started by Tuna, October 19, 2017, 06:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

I think this was Academy's Honey it was a really simple build, great for a beginner. If I remember correctly it didn't break the bank as well, like the 'newer' Dragon/AFV Club/Tamiya stuff.

Basic build done and basic paint job on

Tracks done on one side. They were individual links, with the horns on the outside holding the pieces together, but they went together really pretty easy.

Hull back on

Decals added

Weathering, went a lil overboard with some of the chips :-(

acctingman

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tuna on October 19, 2017, 06:05:35 PM

WOW!!  :notworthy:

You definitely need to get back into it. All that plastic is begging for some attention  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

acctingman

Tuna

I'd love to hear how you do your weathering.

Seriously, awesome work there  :dreamer:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tuna

Quote from: acctingman on October 20, 2017, 08:55:17 AM
Tuna

I'd love to hear how you do your weathering.

Seriously, awesome work there  :dreamer:

Future with Oil wash, as we discussed earlier. This was before I heard about powders, so I grated pastel chalk for dust, think I bought a set of chalk at the craft store. Dry brush with I think Polly Scale ghost grey (not sure on the color since it was 14 years ago, but whatever color it was, I did like to use it a lot for dry brushing). Then coated with a Matte finish, at one point i loved the Krylon spray cans for that. I used to love the Krylon cans for primer too.

Silent Disapproval Robot

My mind is starting to go.  I first read the thread title as "Past Builds Honey I thank the Academy 2003"

mirth

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 20, 2017, 12:02:11 PM
My mind is starting to go.  I first read the thread title as "Past Builds Honey I thank the Academy 2003"

At least you didn't read it as, "Past Builds Honey I shrank the tank"
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus