Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Started by Millipede, April 05, 2017, 12:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Good game. It's an RTS really though... a very very long winded one :)
Music score is amazing! I could happily play it in the car.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I'm tinkering with the options menu now :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Millipede

Eek...counting on you then, Gus.  ;)

FarAway Sooner

I never played Rebellion but played a fair amount of the original SoaSE and felt like they had a good recipe.  You take an RTS game, where individual fleet flag ships fill the role of "heroes" from other games, and you build huge fleets of much smaller, supplementary ships and try to expand before the other guy does.

I found the pirate mechanic in the original a bit tiresome, but otherwise, it was very enjoyable.  I'm not sure how much changed in Rebellion although it's always gotten rave reviews from the folks who played it.

Yskonyn

Its been a long while, butI remember it feeling like an RTS on a board game's board. The map felt restrictive, but that's obviously for gameplay flow reasons. Matches already take a while.
Still a restricted map for a space game feel awkward to me.
Tower-defensy even.

Anyway, the game was pretty enjoyable at the time for a while. Nothing special to me though.
Again, it has been quite a while since I played (Stardock even had their silly Steam-clone back then!).
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Destraex

Yskonyn, would you believe that in the original sins alpha they had free movement and revolving solar systems. But because it was too complicated for the test players to comprehend, they removed it and we ended up with lines between planets representing the only way in or out of the planet.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Yskonyn

I didn't know! Would have been an awesome mechanic! Perhaps in Sins 2? 😉
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Trooperc7

Honestly, i didnt find it steep at all.. It is very straight forward in my opinion. My only con is i wish it had more races instead of 3 which are divided into loyalist or rebel. As for the pirates, you can turn them off if you wish. I find playing with them can make for a more exciting game. Also there are many mods out there for the game.....

Jarhead0331

You guys really need to explore the full conversion mods available for is game. My favorite if Sins of the Prophets, which is a Halo mod. Thrawn's Revenge Star Wars Ascendancy is also very good.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-sins-of-the-prophets

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-ascendancy
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18