Free month of CBS All Access

Started by steve58, March 25, 2020, 08:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

"Star Trek" star Sir Patrick Stewart announced Tuesday that fans can watch "Star Trek: Picard," and other CBS shows, for free on CBS All Access until April 23. The free offer comes as millions of Americans are stuck at home amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Ahead of the show's season finale on Twitter the actor wrote, "Our #StarTrekPicard season finale is Thursday, and starting today until 4/23, you can watch for free on @CBSAllAccess in the US with the code: GIFT. It's felt good to bring Picard back. I can't wait to reunite with our cast and crew for Season 2."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sir-patrick-stewart-announces-free-month-cbs-all-access-star-trek-picard-finale/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Here is a list of other streaming services that have free trials.  A few have extended their free trials due to the Wuhan virus.

https://www.consumerreports.org/streaming-video-services/streaming-services-offer-longer-free-trials-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

If you do this, just don't forget to cancel!   Looks like its not any different than their regular free trial :-\

From Slickdeals:

CBS.com is offering New Users: Stream Star Trek: Picard via 1-Month CBS All Access Trial Membership for Free when you apply promo code GIFTat checkout. Thanks blackstarinc

Note, you may select the plan of your choice (Commercial Free or Limited Commercials Plan).

Deal Editor's Notes & Price Research: Offer is valid through April 23, 2020. At end of the one month trial, your card will automatically be charged for your first monthly subscription period unless you cancel prior to the end of the free month. -slickdewmaster

https://slickdeals.net/f/13938398-star-trek-picard-complete-series-free-on-cbs-all-access-for-all-paid-and-non-paid-subscribers?v=1&src=frontpage

JasonPratt

Not that I was planning to sign up anyway, but taking the standard first-month-free subscription and marketing it as a special opportunity due to Covid19, is just...  :DD "OUR LORD AND MASTER SATAN JUST CALLED UP FROM BELOW AND RECOMMENDED YOU FOR A BONUS, BOB! GREAT IDEA!" "...uh, I live to serve, masters... please, no bonus necessary..." "WE MAY INSIST BOB! TALENT SUCH AS YOURS MUST NOT BE WASTED!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 25, 2020, 09:10:30 AM
Is it worth watching?
I personally dont thin its worth watching. Unless you pretend its not star trek. Picard is discussed in a fair amount of detail in another thread. I have a friend that likes it, but he is the type that would eat any propaganda thrown his way as long as it had his favourite brand or tv shows logo on it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 25, 2020, 09:10:30 AM
Is it worth watching?

For free and binged?  Yeah, I think that's the best way. 

For me it was the best Star Trek since DS9.  I had a strong dislike for Nemesis, most of Voyager and Enterprise and almost all of Discovery.   Picard is the logical extension of the future of DS9 and it was really nice seeing so many of the TNG era personalities return (especially the Troi-Riker family).

It most certainly violates a lot of Roddenberry's vision of Star Trek, much like DS9 did.   However, if you want to distill the Rodenberry ideal to its purest form that's TNG Season 1, and that's near the bottom of the quality barrel for Star Trek for me. 

Much like most televised media though, it's heavily serialized.   You don't really get the full picture watching just a couple of episodes, it's one long story.   I would've liked it even more if I didn't watch it week to week. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Martok

I've only watched the first 2 episodes (thanks to this free month -- lord knows I wouldn't pay CBS for this ****), but have liked it so far.  I'll see how much I enjoy (or not) the rest of the season. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces