Main Menu

BSG

Started by GDS_Starfury, December 18, 2014, 01:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

so BBC America is going through the whole series now and God Damn do I miss this show.
currently watching the Pegasus episodes.  sigh....
I have the full DVD set but I should get the Blu-ray.
its hard to believe it been almost a decade since this was on.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Been missing it the last few days for some reason as well. 

I got on board late, not really getting into it until Season 2, but I'm glad I did!  Truly an amazing show. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

I have the first two seasons on DVD and I've been thinking of getting the BR sets as well. Even now I can hear parts of the score in my head as I think of the series. For example, during the episode where Starbuck and Helo visit Starbuck's old apartment while on Caprica there is a scene with 'Requiem for a Dream' playing in the background and fits the melancholy mood perfectly.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

The BR does not disappoint, but the menus are a hot mess. Also, God forbid you dare stop watching a disc, because unless you manually bookmark it you will have to plod through everything before and during the menu to try to find where you had to leave off.

The Blood and Chrome prequel movie is a worthy entry, too, by the way.

The movie "Razor" which is partially an origin story for the Pegasus situation is also a worthy entry, but don't watch it until after the Pegasus gets its 3rd commander in the main series. "The Plan" movie is... um.... not necessary, and could be very spoilery for anyone who watches it sooner than the final 'original' Cylons are revealed (i.e. halfway through Season 4). But it does function as a high-level continuity joke, tying together and answering a lot of unresolved questions from the first season in such a way as to say, "Yeah, no, there wasn't any coherent plan, the Cylons were making it up in desperation as they went along," just as the writers admitted that they were forced by the network into pretending there was "a plan".

Not sure about Caprica -- I didn't watch it, and I've heard strongly variant opinions, but nothing that convinced me it was anything I needed for the story.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I was desperately hooked on this show until it got a little crazy toward the end with all the Good Cylons/ Bad Cylons stuff. Some episodes were TV at it's finest but others a little disappointing. But it definitely had a truly epic ending and tied all the pieces together. Also liked the prequels and Caprica too.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

considering that the show was smack dab in the middle of a writers strike they recovered pretty well.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

It was a mixed bag. At its best it rivaled the best shows in TV history. At it's worst it was muddled and melodramatic. but still better than most tv shows ever made.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 22, 2014, 02:36:34 PM
Not sure about Caprica -- I didn't watch it, and I've heard strongly variant opinions, but nothing that convinced me it was anything I needed for the story.

Caprica was solid. It was an interesting concept with a great cast and good writing. It deserved a longer run than it was given.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

I could never get into it.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 23, 2014, 10:04:21 PM
I could never get into it.

Not enough space battles I suppose.  ::)

GDS_Starfury

thats pretty much the problem.

mirth

BSG was only about 5 percent space battles you know

mirth

Granted it was a kickass 5 percent

mirth

Frakkin toasters!!!

mirth

I forgot what a creepy fuck Leoben was.