2019 Running Football Thread

Started by jamus34, August 09, 2019, 10:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

NFL officially back (albeit preseason) and college to start soon.

Whose excited?
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Man City kicks off 6:30 a.m. CDT tomorrow morning!!  Yay!!  Footie's back!!!  OH!  You meant the other guys.  Never been much of a college fan.  Dig the NFL, but, fantasy football heightens/destroys my enjoyment.  So, I guess it's a love/hate relationship now.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

As a lowly Jets fan I am contractually obligated to never get excited.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

That's the correct attitude for any Jets fan, Gus. In Delaware I once saw this green beater car painted front to back with the Jets logo. I thought it rather symbolized the Jets.   8)

On a more positive note, you've outdone yourself with your new avatar, brother!   :bd: :bd: :bd:

MetalDog

SirAndrewD

In my flaying dungeon that I tire in for being a Cowboys fan, I lament the Zeke holdout in between the whips and beatings for my fandom.

As an Auburn fan, I'm sort of not beveling the illusion that Gatewood is going to be the difference maker the media says he is.

I'm cynically slouching towards football season towards disappointment.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

airboy

Auburn reportedly has the hardest schedule in Division 1 this season.  The local paper says the super speedy receiver going down was a big loss.  But Saturday there was a big turnout for fan day!

MetalDog

acctingman

My Seahawks are looking good, but REALLY young. Let's see if coach Carrol can strike lightning in a bottle twice  :smitten:

jamus34

Looking forward to the Bears starting front 7 defense absolutely destroy opposing QBs.
Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on August 13, 2019, 08:27:56 PM
Auburn reportedly has the hardest schedule in Division 1 this season. 

I thought that was TX A&M, who get 4 of the top 6 (preseason) teams in the country: Clemson, UGa, Bama, LSU, plus the rest of their usual suspects like Auburn and the Mississippis. And their other crossover this year is South Carolina.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Auburn is worse - they get Oregon State, Georgia and at Florida. 

Same West schedule as A&M plus the worst East Schedule.  A&M is supposedly the 2nd worst schedule behind Auburn.

I'm not a huge football fan.  Hopefully UNC will be a little better.  As "good" as they have been lately there is little chance they will be significantly worse.  Sort of like my Nebraska buddies saying they think things will improve this year.

airboy

Football season starts in 4 days.

I'll be pulling for Bama to crush their first opponent.  Hopefully their opponent will have their spirits broken for the rest of the season.

SirAndrewD

You won't have to pull very hard.  The only question of Duke vs. Bama is how long Bama's first string is going to be in the game. 

Surprised to hear Bo Nix named Auburn's starting QB.  All the Gatewood hype had led me to think he'd get the nod for sure.   Nix is faster but you can't coach Gatewood's frame.

Gatewood might end up having more upside, which makes it a potentially risky decision in today's transfer prone NCAA.

Anyway, on to the season.  Gus hasn't had the best record for having the team ready in the early season, so I'm not going into the game with the most confidence.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MetalDog

Outside of Cam, the biggest success Malzahn had was with Nick Marshall.  If Nix can play that role, Auburn should be pretty stout.