Want a Fuhrer-ious treat? Try a Luft-wafer!

Started by BanzaiCat, May 27, 2015, 08:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3097640/The-Luft-wafer-Ice-cream-cone-named-Adolf-Hitler-sale-India-sparks-anger-Germany.html

QuoteThe Luft-wafer: Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
Germans are outraged by treat named after Adolf Hitler
Lack of Holocaust education in the country means the snack isn't shocking
The ice cream cones are readily-available across India
German newspaper Bild labelled the cones a macabre publicity stunt

Even for the most dedicated of ice cream lovers this sweet treat may prove a little hard to swallow.

Unbelievably a brand of ice cream cone is readily available in India which is named after Hitler.

It's difficult to fathom what the Nazi leader may have in common with the crunchy snack, but Hitler's name is splashed across boxes of the tasteless delicacy which is hawked across the country.

Much more at link. Maybe NSFW. Probably SFW where Mirth works though. :)

undercovergeek

Whilst I get the lack of holocaust education surely they at least know who he is and realise it's in bad taste even if you didn't know about the holocaust

None come to mind but I would love to witness the shit storm when walls ice cream decide to make 'ruthless regime overlord who killed millions of Indians' ice cream

Bhopal chemical disaster cone anyone?

MikeGER

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 27, 2015, 09:09:17 AM
I would love to witness the shit storm when walls ice cream decide to make 'ruthless regime overlord who killed millions of Indians' ice cream

...the British Empire ice toffee  (probably some with tea taste icecream)  ;) 

Nefaro

This is the kind of thing you'd expect to see a bit further west of India, where Hitler's writings are rather popular.