Texans release Arian Foster

Started by BanzaiCat, March 03, 2016, 10:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

If that's a thing, we definitely couldn't afford to turn our noses up at him.

MetalDog

GREAT NEWS, B_C!!  RGIII wants to be your QB of the future!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Too bad Mike Shanahan broke him.

BanzaiCat

I think his glass bones broke him. The pilot from the Normandy in Mass Effect had more bone strength than RGIII.

Martok

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 03, 2016, 09:53:51 PM
I think his glass bones broke him. The pilot from the Normandy in Mass Effect had more bone strength than RGIII.
As does Samuel L. Jackson's character in Unbreakable

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on March 03, 2016, 08:39:13 PM
A clean and sober Johnny Money.

What is this fictional creature of which you speak?

BanzaiCat

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/hou/houston-texans

QuoteMarch 10, 2016 - Agreed to terms with QB Brock Osweiler on a four-year contract.
March 8, 2016 - Signed G-T Jeff Adams and CB Charles James to contract extensions.
March 3, 2016 - Released RB Arian Foster, TE Garrett Graham and S Rahim Moore.
January 23, 2016 - Named Larry Izzo special teams coordinator, Sean Ryan wide receivers coach and Anthony Weaver defensive line coach.
January 12, 2016 - Signed G Karim Barton, C Dalton Freeman, RB Kenny Hilliard, WR Josh Lenz, DB Robert Nelson, DL Dan Pettinato, DE Gerald Rivers, TE Eric Tomlinson and LB Tony Washington to reserve/future contracts.
January 6, 2016 - Signed DE Devon Still to a reserve/future contract.
January 5, 2016 - Signed OT Andrew McDonald from the San Diego practice squad. Placed OT Duane Brown on injured reserve.

The Larry Izzo singing is interesting since he was a Dolphin and played under Jimmy years ago. 

I don't know what to make of the Brock singing, though. 70-plus million for four years for a backup quarterback, even one that's been fairly successful, doesn't seem like a good move. I could be wrong. I guess that means there's no way the Texans are planning on signing a QB in the first half of the draft. And it was very likely that he was going to get picked up by somebody or Denver would throw a ton of money at him, too...

mirth

The Osweiler deal is baffling, but it is the Texans  ::)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

So, the Texans may have just out Brown the Browns. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: OJsDad on March 10, 2016, 12:19:43 PM
So, the Texans may have just out Brown the Browns.

I think they managed to do that before they even began their first season.  :-[

bayonetbrant

I liked Ryan Clark's characterization on the radio the other day.

"In today's NFL, the going rate for 'let's see what he can do' is $15 million per year."
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

They signed Lamar Miller from the Dolphins to take Foster's place.  They already have a top 3 receiver in DeAndre Hopkins and a stout D.  Houston should have a good run next year despite/because of Brock Osweiler.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

I actually like the Brock signing. Seriously, you haven't had anything resembling a legit #1 quarterback since Schaub fell apart. Brock might not be one, but then again he might. And where the Hell else were you finding one? You don't do badly enough to draft a guy, and teams don't trade them away. So it was either Brock, RG3, Kaepernick or Ryan Fitzpatrick Round 2. Off of that list, I'd take Osweiler by a mile (though I actually like Fitzpatrick on some teams...like staying with the Jets, or heading to Denver).