Carrier (Solitaire, VG)

Started by BanzaiCat, August 06, 2013, 11:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on August 27, 2019, 09:20:28 AM
Quote from: bbmike on October 11, 2018, 12:43:37 PM
Quote from: GJK on October 11, 2018, 12:18:15 PM

Yes, on my "to do" list! The existing module is screaming for an update and I'd love to use these graphics for it.  Not to toot my own horn (careful!) but the printed graphics look sweeeet and I think that it would work great for the VASSAL module as well.

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 11, 2018, 06:21:18 AM
GJK will you update the Vassal module with the new kit graphics?

:bd:

He lives! The module has been updated with all new graphics (v2.0): http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Carrier

Let me know if anybody finds any issues or has any suggestions!

:notworthy:

W8taminute

Just noticed this thread because I'm currently on the lookout for another VG title, Vietnam 1965-1975.  It sounds like I need to go to Gen-con.

and just some general advice, or at the very least my humble opinion.  Unless you're on the verge of death due to starvation don't sell your unboxed unpunched game for 100 bucks.  It's not worth it.  Now if someone is willing to give you a grand or more for it then you might consider it. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Ubercat

Did someone sell an unpunched copy of Vietnam 1965-75 for $100 recently?

I've been thinking for the last couple of months that I need to reacquire this game (owned it twice before!). It's so good. I'd be satisfied with a punched copy though. All I really need is the rule book in decent shape. I'd play it on Vassal.

Last time I looked, prices were reasonable on EBay.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

W8taminute

Quote from: Ubercat on August 29, 2019, 07:17:25 PM

I've been thinking for the last couple of months that I need to reacquire this game (owned it twice before!). It's so good. I'd be satisfied with a punched copy though. All I really need is the rule book in decent shape. I'd play it on Vassal.

I recently saw some copies being sold on eBay for under 150.  Both copies I saw for sale were unpunched and one was even still in shrinkwrap.  I just can't bring myself to buy anything off of eBay because of all the horror stories I've heard.   
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GJK

Quote from: W8taminute on August 29, 2019, 03:29:21 PM
Just noticed this thread because I'm currently on the lookout for another VG title, Vietnam 1965-1975.  It sounds like I need to go to Gen-con.

and just some general advice, or at the very least my humble opinion.  Unless you're on the verge of death due to starvation don't sell your unboxed unpunched game for 100 bucks.  It's not worth it.  Now if someone is willing to give you a grand or more for it then you might consider it.

I actually did sell it.  To be honest, with the upgrade kit that I made (and have printed and played on), I couldn't ever go back to playing on the original components and with PDF's of all of my materials, I'm always just a reprint away from having another copy of the game.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

DennisS

Quote from: W8taminute on August 30, 2019, 08:02:01 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on August 29, 2019, 07:17:25 PM

I recently saw some copies being sold on eBay for under 150.  Both copies I saw for sale were unpunched and one was even still in shrinkwrap.  I just can't bring myself to buy anything off of eBay because of all the horror stories I've heard.   

I have purchased one, single thing off of E-Bay in my life, a copy of Tokyo Express. After 30 full days, I still didn't have the game, and it was the very last day to give input. This is after MANY emails to the seller. So..I left a bad review. I got SMOKED with a bad review by the seller. He had a 91% rating for 2000+  sells, I had a ZERO percent rating after one purchase. I received the game two weeks later. SMH...

Silent Disapproval Robot

Partially punched copy just went for $90 on Facebook CONSIM marketplace.

Toonces

How much is an unpunched copy worth?  Asking for....a friend...   :hide:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

A copy just went up for sale on the CONSIM marketplace (Facebook) again...this time $87.50.  May be the same one (guy says he's posted it a few times before with no takers).
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JasonPratt

I wish I had even some place to play it.

Or some place to play it with my brother.

:'( :'( :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!