2017-2018 Consolidated Hoops Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, October 06, 2017, 11:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Auburn lost for the first time at home all season 81-80.  Amazing it was this close for a couple of reasons.
1] Texas A&M is the tallest team in the SEC.  AU's two earlier losses were to teams in the top 25 or so of starting height.
2] AUs best defender and leading scorer got hurt and set out the entire second half.

Despite getting clobbered on the boards, AU hit 21 of 24 free throws to keep it close.

Wish they had won, but it was a great game to see.

bayonetbrant

The Cavaliers just overhauled 50% of their roster
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Ohio State beat #3 Purdue on the road last night.  Great game. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on February 08, 2018, 02:46:03 PM
Ohio State beat #3 Purdue on the road last night.  Great game. 

I heard about it but didn't see it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Auburn beat Georgia on the road by 17.

Auburn was without their leading scorer (who leads the league in 3-points and is also their best defender).

Up next, Valentines Date Night vs. Kentucky.

And since I married the right girl, it is actually date night and she would be furious if we did not go to the game.   :smitten:

airboy

Auburn beat Kentucky with defensive intensity and 87% free throw shooting.

Regretfully, my wife got sick and could not go with me to the game.  I gave the student to an undergrad waiting in line for standing room only tickets instead of selling it for > $100.

Auburn only has left:
Alabama & SC at home.
Florida, SC and Arkansas on the road.

All except the South Carolina games should be tough.

OJsDad

You didn't stay home with your sick wife on Valentines day so you could go to a basketball game.  And your still alive to talk about it.  You've got a great wife!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

Quote from: OJsDad on February 15, 2018, 08:56:08 AM
You didn't stay home with your sick wife on Valentines day so you could go to a basketball game.  And your still alive to talk about it.  You've got a great wife!

My wife told me to go to the basketball game.  She also said that she would go if the shoe was on the other foot.

bayonetbrant

I keep seeing NC St projected into the tournament, and while they've got a few good wins under their belt, they've got some atrocious losses (UNC-G? Really?)

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 15, 2018, 04:53:11 PM
I keep seeing NC St projected into the tournament, and while they've got a few good wins under their belt, they've got some atrocious losses (UNC-G? Really?)

Does the ACC have a tournament.  If so, it may depend on how well they do there.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on February 15, 2018, 05:02:20 PM
Does the ACC have a tournament. 

yes. Plus they have a few more conf games to raise their profile.  They'll be forgiven if they lose to Louisville, but not if they lose to Syracuse or BC or Wake Forest.

bayonetbrant

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 16, 2018, 09:58:52 AM
you gotta love any basketball game in which one of the cheerleaders gets ejected

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/15/17019136/arizona-cheerleader-ejected-video-basketball

That happened a few years ago at a high school game I was at.  One of the opposing teams cheerleader's didn't like a call and wouldn't let it go, so the ref let her leave early. 

OJsDad

Ohio State lost to Penn State last night.  The Nittany Lions have swept the Buckeyes basketball this year. 

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on February 16, 2018, 11:23:59 AM
Ohio State lost to Penn State last night.  The Nittany Lions have swept the Buckeyes basketball this year. 

that's tough to do this year