2016 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball

Started by Bison, March 14, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: OJsDad on April 05, 2016, 09:38:34 PM
Or maybe the more import question is do you keep for the week.  If I understand this correctly, you and I are head to head all week.

If A Rod was in the UTL position today, Brant will get credit for the steal.  He will retain credit for A Rod's steal for this weeks stats even if he drops him.

OJsDad

That's what I thought.  Thanks. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on April 05, 2016, 08:56:25 PM

The A Rod is odd.  The positions of players are set by Yahoo.  I'm not sure why he is restricted to UTL only.  It's not something I recall seeing before hand, so it's something I'd need to look into as to why the UTL position is given to a player.  As MD said though we can revert the drop if you want it reverted.  No issues there.

I'm pretty sure Ortiz is also Util only, and they might be it. Ortiz makes sense, since he ALWAYS plays DH. I guess they figure ARod is in the same boat at this point?

Bison

I actually have Ortiz and he's listed as 1B, which really makes the A Rod slotting weird.  I'm not seeing the logic of the slotting, but I'll have to dig into it.  Unfortunately there is nothing a commissioner can do to change how Yahoo does positions for players.

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on April 05, 2016, 08:59:14 PM
Major League Baseball has 25 man rosters.  It wouldn't kill you to add one or two more spots.

Only if you can play more people!

I wish there was a holds and blown saves were categories. There are a lot of good setup men who never get picked because they don't score you points.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

MD suffers from the delusion that there is some sort of metagame that can be applied to fantasy sports leagues.  :)

OJsDad

A 45 ERA.  I'm not a baseball fan and even I not that's pathetic.  And what good does batting at 417 and only have 2 runs and 1 RBI to show for it.  SCORE YOU BUMS!  Heck, I have the pre-season #1 ranking guy and he went 0/4 last night.  These rankings must be some kind of reverse order thing. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

can we just all pause for a moment and admire the shit out of Robinson Cano, who is mashing balls like they were boiled potatoes?

And...  thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Personally I'd just prefer that Cano put his shit output into a toilet.

bayonetbrant

So I'm pretty well fooked for pitching stats this week.  Thanks Carlos Rodon.  Way to screw a fellow NC State alum.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Look on the bright side.  Not everyone he pitched to got on base.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

He did get a strikeout. So he has that going for him.

bayonetbrant

The funniest part about it is that b/c UCG hasn't had anyone pitch yet this week, his 1K, 135.00 ERA, and 24.00 WHIP are all scoring me points right now!  :2funny:

undercovergeek

Marty Ward

I wish the real Matt Harvey and Adam Wainwright would show up. I sure could use them!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!