A6M Zero

Started by JudgeDredd, April 03, 2018, 12:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

My daughter's boyfriend's Hasegawa 1/72 A6M Zero

I think I done well masking that damn canopy!
Alba gu' brath

acctingman

That Zero needs an oil change  O0

Staggerwing

Good job. That canopy looks tough to paint well.

I always though it would be cool to kitbash some T-6 Texan and Vultee trainer models into the converted Vals, Kates, and Zekes used in the movie 'Tora Tora Tora'. If only I had the time, energy, and a bunch of spare Vultees and Texans...

http://www.daveswarbirds.com/tora/aircraft.htm

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on April 03, 2018, 06:37:24 PM
Love those radials

Yeah, there's good reason most WW2 naval aircraft had radial engines.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

The inlines worked out when done right, but the radial is a thing of beauty.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

It's also a tank of an engine. It's got a good chance of running even when some of the cylinder heads are shot away. An inline engine with it's massive water cooling system is much more vulnerable to holes on the engine components. This is not such a good thing when it's still 300 miles back to the only dry place to land.

mirth

Oh I know. I love the radial. It was amazing what they were able to get out of it late war.