Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Started by Gusington, November 27, 2016, 03:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Just bought TES Oblivion and I'm planning on using this guide to mod it before I play:

http://www.pcgamer.com/ten-essential-oblivion-mods/

However upon firing up the game last night for the first time, my mouse did not work in-game. So first things first...any suggestions for getting my mouse to work?

After that I just want to hear what you guys suggest in way of updating/modernizing mods, in case that above link is outdated (it's from 2010).

Thanks all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

IIRC I used Franco's mod and natural environments without any issues.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Thanks to you both. Just gotta squeeze in some time to actually do this.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Well here I am six months later and I will finally have some time this afternoon to mod the damned thing. My one final question is if the mods recommended work with the Steam version of the game...anyone know?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Alright...about 5 hours later I have downloaded the Oblivion mod manager the unofficial patch, the oscuros mod and three graphics overhaul mods and I haven't blown anything up yet. Almost done.

This was not easy  :buck2:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

But have you actually started playing the game? Or does that wait until next weekend?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Just played for about 45 minutes. For an 11-12 year old game it looked pretty good but it's almost impossible to escape it's age altogether. My aim for today was just to get it tricked out and ready for a long session of play (1-2 months). In the meantime I aim to get back to The Witcher 3 as well as a bit of Enderal (total conversion for Skyrim). So Oblivion is now patched, modded and ready for when I get to it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd