John Tiller Software - Summer Sale

Started by Compass Rose, June 30, 2020, 08:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabeeg

I had to finally pull the trigger on France '40 Gold...I have wanted it for years, now I regret I waited so long.   There are a couple CW titles I may get...and Waterloo...and...of course Pacific War since it will complete my WWII SB collection...then there is East Prussia '14 so I can complete my WWI collection...damn I need to be careful.
Kind Regards,
Harry

Pete Dero

I'm trying out their demo and I will probably get a few games before the weekend ends.

Can somebody tell me if there is a way to change some settings in game or by using a config file (sound volume, screen resolution, hotkeys, ...).

I find some things rather difficult to read on higher screen resolutions (e.g. unit box attack value and range).

DoctorQuest

Quote from: gabeeg on July 03, 2020, 12:59:31 AM
I had to finally pull the trigger on France '40 Gold...I have wanted it for years, now I regret I waited so long.   There are a couple CW titles I may get...and Waterloo...and...of course Pacific War since it will complete my WWII SB collection...then there is East Prussia '14 so I can complete my WWI collection...damn I need to be careful.

Just wear a mask while you're shopping. You'll be fine.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

devoncop

Hi Gabeeg.

I am still wavering on this one....how are you finding it ?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

nelmsm

Quote from: al_infierno on July 02, 2020, 07:40:00 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on July 02, 2020, 07:35:56 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on July 01, 2020, 11:05:22 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on July 01, 2020, 09:01:49 PM
I love Red Victory but then i like playing desperate defense with the Germans in 1944 and 1945

What are some of your favorite German-side scenarios in RV, out of curiosity?  Curious to play that one more.
I'll get you a list tomorrow of some of my favorites

Thanks  O0

Here is a quick list.  There are more but didn't go through the entire scenario list.  All these have the Germans on the defense against the hordes of the Soviet Union.

014: Staraja Russia
025: Garany
028: Nikolajewka
032: Rocherovo
035: Nova-Buda
052: Senno
059: Radzymin

I just grabbed the scenario name but I should have grabbed the descriptive title instead as it would have told you a bit more.

gabeeg

Quote from: devoncop on July 03, 2020, 01:09:55 PM

Hi Gabeeg.

I am still wavering on this one....how are you finding it ?

So far so good...this might become my favorite PzC title so far.  Large amount of scenarios (and scenario variations) has monsters, large, mid size and small.  I like the theater, year and equipment mix so right up my alley, and a lot of variety in units, equip. and map features.  ...take with a grain of salt though, I have only played through 1.5 scenarios so far, and that against the AI.
Kind Regards,
Harry

Rayfer

Where are the campaigns in Campaign Gettysburg?  Only the scenarios show up as choices.  I  thought there was some sort of campaign aspect to the game as well.  Thanks.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on July 03, 2020, 05:32:48 PM
Where are the campaigns in Campaign Gettysburg?  Only the scenarios show up as choices.  I  thought there was some sort of campaign aspect to the game as well.  Thanks.

Check for a separate .exe.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: nelmsm on July 03, 2020, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on July 02, 2020, 07:40:00 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on July 02, 2020, 07:35:56 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on July 01, 2020, 11:05:22 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on July 01, 2020, 09:01:49 PM
I love Red Victory but then i like playing desperate defense with the Germans in 1944 and 1945

What are some of your favorite German-side scenarios in RV, out of curiosity?  Curious to play that one more.
I'll get you a list tomorrow of some of my favorites

Thanks  O0

Here is a quick list.  There are more but didn't go through the entire scenario list.  All these have the Germans on the defense against the hordes of the Soviet Union.

014: Staraja Russia
025: Garany
028: Nikolajewka
032: Rocherovo
035: Nova-Buda
052: Senno
059: Radzymin

I just grabbed the scenario name but I should have grabbed the descriptive title instead as it would have told you a bit more.

Thank you!  Scenario name is fine, I'm tech savvy enough to figure it out  :bd:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 03, 2020, 05:48:13 PM

Found it. Open it and clicked on 'new campaign'....there is nothing there but an empty folder.  Will probably have to go to Tiller's site for support?

Toonces

Has anyone played Campaign Vicksburg...or for that matter, other Civil War campaigns other then Gettysburg and can recommend one?

Rayfer, I haven't played Gettysburg in donkeys, but I'm pretty sure there should be a campaign option where you have to pick a handful of choices before the game starts to determine the starting condition of the units.  Sorry I can't be more help on how to find it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

son of guest

The Menu Program is a separate link.  Here's the link to the page - just download the Menu Program 1.03 exe.

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Resources.php

nelmsm

Quote from: Rayfer on July 03, 2020, 08:48:33 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 03, 2020, 05:48:13 PM

Found it. Open it and clicked on 'new campaign'....there is nothing there but an empty folder.  Will probably have to go to Tiller's site for support?

In your Campaign Gettysburg folder you will find a cp_start application. Click it and a box opens asking you to pick a name to save it. Type in what you want and save and then you should be at the box to pick your Campaign options

nelmsm

Quote from: Toonces on July 03, 2020, 08:56:03 PM
Has anyone played Campaign Vicksburg...or for that matter, other Civil War campaigns other then Gettysburg and can recommend one?

Rayfer, I haven't played Gettysburg in donkeys, but I'm pretty sure there should be a campaign option where you have to pick a handful of choices before the game starts to determine the starting condition of the units.  Sorry I can't be more help on how to find it.

I've played them all and after Gettysburg my favorites are Antietam and Chickamauga. Antietam also includes both Bull Run battles plus South Mountain. Chickamauga includes Perryville and Murfreesboro.

Toonces

^ Thanks brother.  Antietam is the call for me I think.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs