John Tiller Software - Summer Sale

Started by Compass Rose, June 30, 2020, 08:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

So my purchases in the sale have really struck gold (excuse the pun).

After a couple of days of head scratching my way around the nuances of the UI variances (next turn button is top right in some games and top left on another  ::) )I have totally fallen in love with the redone titles.

Campaign Ozark featuring the exploits of Union General Nathan Lyon in the Missouri backwaters against the State Guardsmen of the Confederate Governor leading up to the battles of Corinth and Wilson's Creek where Lyon's arrogance finally caught up with him has been a total joy on lovely maps. What I didn't expect was the period music and the songs describing satirically or otherwise the actor's in the drama in their lyrics ! So cool.

France 40 meanwhile has proved a nice challenge as the French against Rommel's Panzers and we are standing at one win each to date  :)

The sale is still on....very dangerous for my wallet ....

Great job by WDS on the ACW maps in particular.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Rayfer

Quote from: devoncop on July 10, 2020, 03:43:30 AM

After a couple of days of head scratching my way around the nuances of the UI variances (next turn button is top right in some games and top left on another  ::) )I have totally fallen in love with the redone titles.

Campaign Ozark featuring the exploits of Union General Nathan Lyon in the Missouri backwaters against the State Guardsmen of the Confederate Governor leading up to the battles of Corinth and Wilson's Creek where Lyon's arrogance finally caught up with him has been a total joy on lovely maps. What I didn't expect was the period music and the songs describing statistically or otherwise the actor's in the drama in their lyrics ! So cool.

France 40 meanwhile has proved a nice challenge as the French against Rommel's Panzers and we are standing at one win each to date  :)

I completely agree devoncop....Ozark overtook Antietam and Gettysburg as my favorite Tiller ACW game.  It looks great, plays great, and even the larger battles are small in comparison to the other titles I mentioned.   I can only afford 1 more game before the sale ends.  Not sure what to pick....have never tried a Modern Campaign game but then Panzer Battles Normandy looks inviting.   :-\

devoncop

Quote from: Rayfer on July 10, 2020, 06:58:44 AM
Quote from: devoncop on July 10, 2020, 03:43:30 AM

Campaign Ozark featuring the exploits of Union General Nathan Lyon in the Missouri backwaters against the State Guardsmen of the Confederate Governor leading up to the battles of Corinth and Wilson's Creek where Lyon's arrogance finally caught up with him has been a total joy on lovely maps. What I didn't expect was the period music and the songs describing statistically or otherwise the actor's in the drama in their lyrics ! So cool.

I completely agree devoncop....Ozark overtook Antietam and Gettysburg as my favorite Tiller ACW game.  It looks great, plays great, and even the larger battles are small in comparison to the other titles I mentioned.   I can only afford 1 more game before the sale ends.  Not sure what to pick....have never tried a Modern Campaign game but then Panzer Battles Normandy looks inviting.   :-\

I am in the same boat as you as I can only really afford one (or at a stretch 2  :)) more games in the sale. Antietam will be the first.

I am tempted to buy them approximately chronologically.....

Although I am enjoying France 40 , Campaign Normandy is just too much of a stackfest for me to cope with I think. ... :)

smittyohio

Couldn't resist... picked up Japan '45 and Market Garden '44.   Now I need to sit down and actually *play* them.

devoncop

Quote from: smittyohio on July 12, 2020, 05:20:55 PM
Couldn't resist... picked up Japan '45 and Market Garden '44.   Now I need to sit down and actually *play* them.

In the upcoming Scheldt 44 release there is apparently an even bigger Market Garden Campaign included .......so maybe you may need space for one more  :bd:

Compass Rose

JTS Sale--Final Call

Just a friendly reminder that tonight is the last night for the JTS Sale, as the sale ends tomorrow.

Don't forget for orders of $199.00 or more you can enter the discount code  BulkOrders  at checkout and a 20% discount will be applied

Get them on sale while you still can!

https://john-tiller-software.myshopify.com/collections/sale-items

MengJiao

Quote from: Compass Rose on July 18, 2020, 06:27:11 PM
JTS Sale--Final Call

Just a friendly reminder that tonight is the last night for the JTS Sale, as the sale ends tomorrow.

Don't forget for orders of $199.00 or more you can enter the discount code  BulkOrders  at checkout and a 20% discount will be applied

Get them on sale while you still can!

https://john-tiller-software.myshopify.com/collections/sale-items

I'm sticking to Renaissance for the moment.  Nieuport (1600) is the latest battle in that game and a nice Osprey campaign book just came out on that so maybe I can fix up their Nieuport Scenario.

Rayfer

Grabbed ACW Campaign Peninsula as time was running out.  A lot of small to mid-sized battles to play out.

ArizonaTank

I am proud of myself. 

I bought three titles when the sale first started. 

Then I almost bought a bunch more as the sale dragged on. There were many evenings during the sale when I filled my shopping cart...but never hit buy.

The little gamer in my head would say; "What if one morning you wake up with an insane desire to fight Borodino or Champion Hill? Buying Napoleon's Russia Campaign and the Civil War Vicksburg Campaign would surely solve this dilemma." Then that downer of accountant in my head (or sometimes my wife) would say; "But you already have more games than you can play in your lifetime." 

This time the accountant prevailed, and fortunately I managed to maintain fire discipline and the sale passed with my wallet mostly unharmed.

But John Tiller will have other chances to take my money and I know it will be a struggle every time.

However, if JTS ever decides to upgrade their engine and UI to the 21st century...well...so much for the kid's inheritance.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

devoncop

I was doing so well.....

Then a You Tube series of a player re fighting Eylau in a PBEM over 80 turns was uploaded..... :hide:

On the last hour of the last day of the sale.....Campaign Eylau and for no other reason than I am really enjoying Campaign Ozark from the ACW Campaign Antietam ended up on my hard drive....

Thank you You Tube  :knuppel2:

As for a new engine and upgraded graphics......cold sweat time.. :)

smittyohio

I ended up adding Tunisia '43 to my other purchases.   ;D   Couldn't resist a more wide open campaign.

devoncop

Quote from: devoncop on July 20, 2020, 12:00:48 PM
I was doing so well.....

Then a You Tube series of a player re fighting Eylau in a PBEM over 80 turns was uploaded..... :hide:

On the last hour of the last day of the sale.....Campaign Eylau and for no other reason than I am really enjoying Campaign Ozark from the ACW.......... Campaign Antietam ended up on my hard drive....

Thank you You Tube  :knuppel2:

As for a new engine and upgraded graphics......cold sweat time.. :)

ComradeP

Graphics updates were released for various Napoleonic titles earlier this week.

QuoteWe continue to roll out updates for the Napoleonic Battles series. This is a major update implementing a 2D & 3D* Graphics overhaul and many new engine enhancements. This process is bringing all the games in the series up to the same level. In this round the following games are 1814, Bautzen, Eckmuhl, Jena, Wagram and the Russian Campaign.

http://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45