Main Menu

Friday Pneumonia

Started by Tripoli, March 13, 2020, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Well i think the next couple of weeks will let me catch up on some things.

Like Witcher 3

Or Division 2

Or MTG:A

Or Oxygen not Included

And so on and so forth.
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on March 13, 2020, 12:22:41 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 13, 2020, 10:47:16 AM
Going to continue my Napoleon Total War campaing in Egypt. Also Stellaris. Not sure what else.

In Attila 1212...after Crushing the Venetians in Alexandria, the Kingdom of Antioch is going to take Mecca cuz that little Empire down there keeps burning down Jerusalem and its getting expensive.  I'm blowing my cash reserves on a wierd-looking bunch of cavalrymen who claim to belong to "the Order"...well at least they are cheap and maybe they won't survive their little trip to Mecca so I won't have to pay their upkeep.  But we will see.

We got to Mecca and found they were friendly and not the source of the compulsive arsonist in Jerusalem.  The expedition was not a complete waste; the expensive ruffians (not even in "The Order" but some local imitation wearing half-Saracen half-quilted armor) found the main force of the Evil Sultan and wiped it out -- inflicting an 8 to 1 kill ratio even (the guys with red sleeves and quilted armor are the expensive ruffians):

W8taminute

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 13, 2020, 10:01:00 AM
For some reason the last couple of days I have this song on my mind ...

Gaming wise it will be Command Modern Operations and Battlestar Galactica.

Not much else to do : Bars and restaurants are closed.  No sporting or cultural events.  No theaters or cinema.  Shops must close in the weekend.   Public live is on hold over here for at least 3 weeks.

MMMMMMmyyyyy Corona!!  The kind you put a lime in though, not the kind you die from.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

airboy

Quote from: airboy on March 13, 2020, 11:51:08 AM
Erik from Norway has posted a ton of Order of Battle WW2 Campaigns (not scenarios, Campaigns) on the Slitherine Website.

I'm playing Germany West 1939-40.

From looking at the files, I think there are an amazing 26 scenarios in this campaign.  Once I got a handle on how he sets up victory conditions I did not have any problems - until I was defending against an all-out Polish counter-attack.  Lost that scenario twice before I won it.

DoctorQuest

All I know is I AM NOT WORKING THIS WEEKEND..............................................

Everything else is trivial.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

MetalDog

Quote from: jamus34 on March 13, 2020, 01:02:22 PM

Like Witcher 3

Or Division 2

Or Oxygen not Included

And so on and so forth.

Come join us in the Arena!  They just put in a big update and added a chat function and some more goodies.  I'll PM you my handle if you'd like.

So I guess that means at least Arena for me.  Have to grind out some more victories to cash the weekly bonus.  I am building a green/black deck.  Just got Sorin Planeswalker last night and that should give the deck just the right kick.

I am also sure my buddy will catch me for some Civ IV mp.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on March 13, 2020, 07:26:10 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on March 13, 2020, 01:02:22 PM

Like Witcher 3

Or Division 2

Or Oxygen not Included

And so on and so forth.

Come join us in the Arena!  They just put in a big update and added a chat function and some more goodies.  I'll PM you my handle if you'd like.

So I guess that means at least Arena for me.  Have to grind out some more victories to cash the weekly bonus.  I am building a green/black deck.  Just got Sorin Planeswalker last night and that should give the deck just the right kick.

I am also sure my buddy will catch me for some Civ IV mp.

Sure thing MD, send it on over!
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Started a new campaign in Stellaris, and maybe I'll finally get a chance to start tackling Rome II and the DEI mod?  Here's hoping! 

Quote from: Gusington on March 13, 2020, 12:40:26 PM
I need time to play 1212 soon.
Yes, you do.  In fact, you should start a new campaign of that instead of FotS.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^Damn you. Give me three reasons why!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

1.)  Immersion & atmosphere is top-notch (even with the Attila-era buildings yet to be replaced):  Art style, graphics, text descriptions, and music (lord, the music!) all combine to deliver what is honestly a pretty amazing experience. 

2.)  The 57 playable factions makes for an almost-ridiculous amount of replayability. 

3.)  Medieval 3 probably won't be made anytime soon (you & I will almost certainly be well into our 50's by the time it comes out), and you know dang well you desperately need your fix before then.  ;) 

4.)  I will alternately nag/guilt-trip you endlessly if you don't.  >:D 
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

Goddammit you're right again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

:D

Hey, I'm just saying you owe it to yourself to at least take it out for a spin, especially given how much I know you heart certain other TW titles.  (Incidentally, your excellent review of the XL mod was one of the things that first drew me to this community.)  If, on the off-chance you decide you don't care for the 1212 mod -- it would surprise me, but stranger things have happened -- Fall of the Samurai will still be there.  8) 

Gusington

I can't believe you still remember that XL review.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on March 14, 2020, 08:42:49 PM
I can't believe you still remember that XL review.
Neither can I.  :P 

The human brain is a funny thing:  I can't remember what I had for supper two days ago, but that review sticks out in my mind for some reason, even 15 years later.  ::)