Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Windigo

I was about to question your taste Bison.... but Jimbo saved your reputation
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Arctic Blast

I really like Rusted Root as well...except for the guy's voice. That often makes me want to track him down and slap him.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

ROFL. I love the little kid in the ball pit. "What the...where did these adults come from? Piss off, I'm trying to play here!"

bayonetbrant

personally, I liked the random mortar they fire off in the middle of the video.  I want to know who the hell approved a random live mortar shot for the purpose of a goofy video
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

something different.  I'm not a fan of most hip-hop, but this was last week's freebie on iTunes, and I rather quite dig it

note there's a clean version out there, but this one includes the f-bombs

Martok

While the piece itself is obviously not native to the film, it's definitely one of my favorite movie soundtracks ever.  (Incidentally, Master & Commander is thus far my favorite historical-based film of all time -- which isn't surprising, considering the source material.) 

Another marvelous piece from the movie: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Arctic Blast

This topic desperately needs soaring power riffs and a bit of shredding.

TheCommandTent

^I like their sound.  Reminds me a bit of Nightwish.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

You want shredding how about this....

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 18, 2013, 05:34:51 PM

There are actually a ton of European bands that fit that niche : orchestral bits, operatic choruses, power chords, strong female vocalist who also happens to be smoking hot. Nightwish, Epica, ReVamp, After Forever, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Valora, etc. They each offer a bit of a tweak to the model, but they all have work from that same base band structure. I'm a bit of a fan... ;D

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 18, 2013, 05:36:45 PM

Ah, Dragonforce.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 18, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 18, 2013, 05:34:51 PM

There are actually a ton of European bands that fit that niche : orchestral bits, operatic choruses, power chords, strong female vocalist who also happens to be smoking hot. Nightwish, Epica, ReVamp, After Forever, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Valora, etc. They each offer a bit of a tweak to the model, but they all have work from that same base band structure. I'm a bit of a fan... ;D

Apparently. :)   I'll have to check some these out, thanks.

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 18, 2013, 05:39:34 PM

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 18, 2013, 05:36:45 PM

Ah, Dragonforce.

I still can't figure out how their hair doesn't get caught in the guitar strings.  ;D